0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Berkshire

The visit of High Court Enforcement agents in Berkshire can be a stressful experience but you don't need to panic you have the rights and you shouldn't be bullied.

High Court Enforcement agents can only enter your home in Berkshire between 6 am and 9 pm.

The best action to take is to keep High Court Enforcement Officers outside your home in Thatcham, Hungerford, or Newbury.

Instead, speak over the phone, or keep them outside in Berkshire and communicate through the door.

High Court enforcement agents in Berkshire are allowed to come in through the unlocked doors, so make sure that your doors and windows are properly closed.

If you have a porch with a door, you should ensure it is locked too.

In some conditions such as the type of debt, the high court enforcement agent can open the door in Berkshire by making use of force with the help of a locksmith if you refuse to allow them in.

You still have the opportunity to settle the debt without them coming in.

In case you are being physically threatened by a High Court Enforcement agent, contact 999 and don't allow them into your Berkshire property.

In Berkshire In Berkshire, Obtain Evidence Of Who They Are

The moment an enforcement officer arrives, the first step to take is enquiring for their identity and the reason for their coming in Berkshire.

If they state that they are debt collectors in Thatcham, Hungerford, or Newbury, request them to leave right away.

They don't have the same powers as the High Court Enforcement Officers so must leave when told to do so in Berkshire.

Ask them to give you a tag, ID card or 'certificate of enforcement agent' if they claim they are high court enforcement officers or enquiry agent.

All registered HCEOs in Berkshire must have a valid proof or means of identification.

They are required to state the organization they work for and provide a phone number so you can contact the head office in Berkshire.

In Berkshire, ask them to send their details via your inbox or let them identify themselves through the window.

Their proof of identity will also reveal the name and the kind of High Court Enforcement Officer they are.

Confirm their identity in Berkshire by:

Check the Certified Bailiffs Register - if they said they are Certificated Enforcement Agents in Berkshire

Check the directory if they say they are High Court Enforcement Officers

If they say they are family court enforcement agent, county court enforcement agent, or a civilian enforcement officer, you need to contact the relevant court in Berkshire to verify their identity.

Ask them to leave if they fail to prove their identity in Berkshire.

Say you will report them to the Police in Thatcham, Newbury, or Hungerford if they don't leave.

If they insist on staying, call 999.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Check If The High Court Enforcement Officer Can Force Entry In Berkshire In Berkshire?

The high court enforcement officer is allowed to use force to enter your house or business in Berkshire when collecting:

Fines from the magistrates court: such as if you were fined for TV licence arrears.

Tax debts for HM Revenue and Customs: like unpaid income tax.

They must show you evidence of your indebtedness, and a 'warrant' or a document called a 'writ' from a court in Berkshire.

Check the date of the documents along with the correct name and address in Berkshire.

They are not authorized to knock down your door - they must use 'reasonable force' in Newbury, Thatcham, or Hungerford.

Instead, they may return with a locksmith from Berkshire to unlock your door.

It is uncommon for them to do this, you will usually be granted some time to make an arrangement to settle the debt.

When the high court enforcement agent tells you they are about getting a locksmith from Berkshire to open your door, get in touch with the Local Citizens Advice to assist you.

What Happens If You Let The Hceos Into Your Home?

You normally have to enter into a ' controlled goods ' agreement if you decide to let them in and you can't afford to pay what you owe right away.

It means you'd pay the high court enforcement agent's fee while agreeing to a repayment plan.

Check how to strike a controlled goods agreement with High Court Enforcement Officers from Berkshire.

The high court enforcement agents could remove your things to sell and pay off your debt if you don't make an agreement.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If High Court Enforcement Agents Is Refused Forced Entry

Some kinds of debts do not allow high court enforcement agents from Berkshire to enter your home at any cost.

These Cover If They're Collecting:

Council tax arrears for the area of Newbury, Hungerford, or Thatcham

Debts on credit card or inventory

Unpaid fees for car parks

The money you own to energy or phone companies

You are allowed to keep HCEOs outside and communicate with them through the closed door.

Ensure other people in your house know they are not allowed let them in.

Demand a complete debt breakdown of what you owe and ask for the creditor's identity, which is the company or person you are said to owe.

Ask them to show you the documents under the door or through the letterbox.

Ensure that any papers they serve you are up-to-date and contain your official name and contact.

If you discover that it is someone else's debt, tell them you will contact their head office to sort things out, and ensure they vacate.

If it is your debt, tell the high court enforcement from Berkshire to go and tell their headquarters to make payment arrangements.

The high court enforcement officer may say that you must pay it at the doorstep or let it in-you don't.

They don't have the right to force entry your property as well as they cannot bring a locksmith to assist them get in.

If you refuse to let them in, they will leave but they'll be back if you don't arrange to pay your debt.

Therefore, you need to make the arrangements as fast as you can to avoid their fees being added to your debt.

If you think the High Court Enforcement Agents are harassing you and are defiant to leave, you can complain.

Any Broken Controlled Goods Agreement Will Come With Its Consequences

A letter called a 'notice of re-entry' will probably be sent to you if a controlled goods agreement' has been violated.

This is an indication that the High Court Enforcement Officer from Berkshire has the right get into your residence using 'reasonable force'.

They will come with a locksmith to open the locked door since they cannot knock it down.

You may still have to barter your Agreement of Controlled Goods and stop the Berkshire High Court Enforcement Officers from coming back. When you have such an opportunity, do not hesitate to act quickly on it.

Find out your next step in case you have failed to honour a controlled property accord.