0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Birkenhead

High Court Enforcement Officers entering your house in Birkenhead can be intimidating, but you have rights and should not be harassed.

The only time High Court Enforcement Officers can visit your home in Birkenhead is from 6am to 9pm.

You should not allow a High Court Enforcement officer in your property in Oxton, Woodchurch, or Birkenhead.

Instead, speak over the phone, or keep them outside in Birkenhead and communicate through the door.

Always keep the doors locked as high court enforcement agents in Birkenhead are not allowed to come from locked doors.

In case you have a porch with a door that can be locked, you should also lock it.

As determined by the type of debt you have to pay, some high court enforcement officers can get a locksmith to open your door in Merseyside if you refuse to let them in.

You should try to settle your debt so that they do not have to enter your property.

In case you are being physically threatened by a High Court Enforcement agent, contact 999 and don't allow them into your Birkenhead property.

In Birkenhead In Merseyside, Request For A Proof Of Identity

The moment an enforcement officer arrives, the first step to take is enquiring for their identity and the reason for their coming in Birkenhead.

If they state that they are debt collectors in Woodchurch, Oxton, or Birkenhead, request them to leave right away.

Their powers are not same with those of the high court enforcement officers, and this means that they will leave if you ask them to in Birkenhead.

Ask them to show you the ID card, badge, or enforcement agent certificate if they say that they are the high court enforcement agent.

All registered HCEOs in Birkenhead have to carry proof of who they are.

They also need to tell you the company they are representing and provide you with a contact phone number for their main office in Merseyside.

In Birkenhead, request them to show you their documents at the window or via the letterbox.

This proof of identity contains their name and type of High Court Enforcement Officer they are.

You can confirm their identity in Birkenhead by:

Verify the accredited Bailiffs register - in case they mention that they are certified in Birkenhead

Search the directory - if they claim they are a high court enforcement officer

Visit the very court in Birkenhead that dispatched them - in case they claim they belong to a particular county enforcement agency, civilian enforcement agency or family enforcement representative.

If they are not able to provide proof of identity in Merseyside, they can be told to leave.

Tell them that police in Oxton, Birkenhead, or Woodchurch will be reported if they don't leave.

Call 999 if they aren't leaving your premises.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Check If The High Court Enforcement Officer Can Force Entry In Merseyside's Birkenhead?

The High Court Enforcement Officer can use forceful entry into your house or commercial premise in Birkenhead if they are collecting:

Magistrate court fines: for instance fines for failure to pay TV license.

HMRC Tax debts: you owe tax on income.

They will have to give you a proof of your debts as well as a document such a 'writ' from court in Birkenhead or a 'warrant'.

Verify that the documents are initialled and in date and contain your real name and address in Birkenhead.

They are not authorized to knock down your door - they must use 'reasonable force' in Birkenhead, Woodchurch, or Oxton.

The way to do this is for them to get a locksmith from Birkenhead to open the door.

Forceful breaking in your home is unlikely for the agents to do and you can always use this chance to sort the debt right away.

If the HCEOs insist on getting a locksmith from Birkenhead to unlock your door, do not hesitate to contact your local Citizens Advice for help.

If The High Court Enforcement Agent Is Allowed Entry Into Your Home

If you allow them to enter your home but you can't afford to pay all the pending dues straight away you will have the option to make an 'agreement of controlled goods'.

This implies that you will sign a certain repayment accord and pay an agreed enforcement charges.

You must know the way to make a controlled goods agreement with high court enforcement agents from Merseyside.

The high court enforcement agent will sell your goods to pay off your debt if you didn't make an agreement.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If They Don't Have The Right To Enter Your Home By Force

In case the High Court Enforcement agent from Merseyside is gathering any other type of debt they don't have the right to force entry.

They Include:

Council tax balances for the areas of Oxton, Woodchurch, or Birkenhead

Credit card or catalogue debts

Parking ticket arrears

Your pending dues of energy or phone companies

You can talk to them through closed-door whilst the HCEOs are outside.

Ensure that every person in your home should know about not letting them in.

Inquire about the breakdown and creditor of the amount that they want; creditor is the name of the company or person that you have to pay to.

Ask them to give documents, if any, through the door or the letter-box.

Confirm the validity of the documents, check the date and confirm that the name and address are yours.

If you discover that it is someone else's debt, tell them you will contact their head office to sort things out, and ensure they vacate.

You ask the bailiff from Birkenhead to leave in case it is your debt by saying that you will talk to their head office to arrange the payment.

The high court enforcement agent might say you have to let them in or pay them on the doorstep- you don't.

They don't have the power to force through to your residence and they are not allowed to have a locksmith attend to unlock your locked door for entry.

If you don't allow them come in, they'll leave, however, if you fail to find ways of paying your debt, they will come back.

So, it is crucial to do this as soon as possible, if not, the High Court Enforcement agent may add fees to your debt.

In case a High Court Enforcement agent won't leave your property and you believe they are harassing you, you can make a complaint.

When You Break Or Failed To Abide By The "controlled Goods Agreement"

A letter called a 'notice of re-entry' will probably be sent to you if a controlled goods agreement' has been violated.

Which ensures that the high court enforcement officer from Birkenhead is allowed to enter your home with' fair force'.

They must use a locksmith to open your door - they aren't permitted to knock it down.

Moreover, there could still be time to make another negotiation of your controlled goods agreement and stop the Merseyside High Court Enforcement agents from going around your property. But keep in mind that you should act quickly.

If you've gone against this agreement, you should research and find out the next action to take.