0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Is The Duty Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Lancashire's Blackpool?

If you are an England or Wales residence and your debtor files a County Court Judgement (CCJ) against you in Blackpool, in some instances you can employ a High Court Enforcement Office (HCEO) to help in the debt collection.

The High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) is an enforcement agent that is responsible for retrieving creditors' money from the residence in Blackpool and removing goods to sell at auction in Lancashire.

HCEOs can be used by creditors in Blackpool under these conditions:

When the payments you were asked to make by the court in Blackpool in a CCJ have not been made

You have more than £600 in debt

Your debt in Fleetwood, Lytham St Anne's, or Blackpool is not supervised by the Consumer Credit Act

HCEOs in Blackpool cannot require debts, such as credit cards, overdrafts, payday loans or personal loans.

However, Lancashire HCEO's may make an agreement with non-regulated debts, which include service debts, business arrears, tribunal awards or outdated rent debts.

If you had a High Court Enforcement Officer visit you, or receive a letter to say they will visit your Blackpool home, please call us immediately for further advice.

You may find it difficult to deal with the HCEOs in Blackpool on their own as ours act quickly.

What Is The Need Of Using High Court Enforcement Officers By The Creditor In Lancashire's Blackpool?

Creditor has various benefits of utilising HCEOs as opposed to enforcement agents of the County Court in Blackpool.

The creditor is allowed to add 8% interest once the debt has been passed to HCEOs in Lytham St Anne's, Blackpool, or Fleetwood.

Fees charged by HCEOs are higher in Blackpool and this puts debtors under more pressure to make payments.

It is difficult to stop HCEOs in Blackpool.

HCEOs are hired by a private company and receive payment based on the amount they recover in Lancashire.

This means that many Blackpool creditors feel that HCEOs are faster and more effective.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Do Enforcement Agents From High Court Get Concerned In Lancashire's Blackpool?

The first step is for the creditor to get a writ of control in Blackpool to empower the HCEO to pay the debtor a visit and get them to pay back or confiscate their goods.

You will receive an enforcement letter notice from the HCEO informing you that they are going to reach out in Blackpool.

They will need to serve you with at least 7-days' notice prior to their first call in Blackpool, Fleetwood, or Lytham St Anne's.

You would typically be asked to pay the loan entirely by the HCEO when they access your house in Blackpool.

If you cannot pay, they will seize goods to control in Blackpool until you have paid the debts wholly.

If you are self-employed, the HCEO officer might also visit your business place in Blackpool.

Before the goods are taken, the HCEO lists the entire items to be collected and sold if the debt is not repaid.

The HCEO would only remove or leave some goods, which are the same as other types of enforcement agents in Lancashire.

Typically, you may be allowed by the Blackpool HCEO to keep the goods and clear the debts in instalments.

In case you fail any instalment, they will be back and seize the items for auctioning in Blackpool.

This procedure is termed as controlled goods agreement.

The HCEO's may also take merchandise instantly in Blackpool, specifically if they can find a large object, like a vehicle that can be sold quickly for debt clearance or they could clamp the vehicle, or if they think you may withdraw or sell the goods regulated until you paid out the debt.

Does A High Court Enforcement Officer Have The Right To Break Into My Home In Blackpool In Lancashire?

The HCEO will never break your house in Blackpool and look for the goods on their first visit, but they can try to collect the goods.

This means that cannot pass through you, stop you from closing the door and also they cannot climb the window to enter your house in Blackpool, Lytham St Anne's, or Fleetwood.

HCEOs can only use force to come into your home in Blackpool if you don't pay them, only if they have been there previously and have listed some goods in a controlled goods agreement.

At Blackpool commercial buildings, the rules are different.

If you are self-employed and own a business in Blackpool, the HCEO can break in the premises if you try to stop them from entering.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Action Should I Take If I'm Contacted By A Hceo In Blackpool, Lancashire?

If you are in a position to fully clear the debt before the HCEO first visits the site in Blackpool, kindly do so, this will minimize the costs.

You'll need to make an offer to pay off your debt in instalments if you can't afford to pay them in one go.

You can send to the High Court Enforcement Officer in Blackpool and straight to the creditor an offer of the payment.

Attach a copy of your budget.

Start following the plan and making payments even if you don't hear from the HCEO in Fleetwood, Blackpool, or Lytham St Anne's.

You may need to consider increasing your budget if the former was rejected if the HCEO has visited in Blackpool and taken control of your goods.

What Are The Fees Charged In Blackpool In Lancashire By High Court Enforcement Officers?

All enforcement agents in Blackpool include fees to your debt, but HCEOs have a higher tier of fees.

These prices are set in law in Lancashire.

For instance, in case your debt is £1,000 and you fail to pay it, thereby compelling the Blackpool HCEO to seize your property, the total charges included will be no less than £1,285.

The moment the enforcement notice letter is served in Blackpool, £75 is added.

When the HCEO first goes around in Blackpool, a £190 + 7.5% of the debt value over £1,000 is included.

If you don't make an effort to set up an arrangement plan or you break the plan, £495 can be added.

£525 +7.5% of the debt value over £1,000 is added if the HCEO comes for the second time in Blackpool to take away your goods.

Other auction costs and storage fees can be added if your goods are removed and sold in Fleetwood, Blackpool, or Lytham St Anne's.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can High Court Enforcement Officers Be Stopped In Blackpool In Lancashire?

You can apply to the Blackpool courts to stop the HCEOs only if you cannot come to an arrangement on how to pay off your debts by a "Stay of Execution".

The County Court Enforcement Agents, who would usually obtain the CCJ, would be more difficult to stop and the Court will not always agree to the stay of execution in Blackpool.