0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Do You Know What The High Court Enforcement Officers In Bournemouth, Dorset Can Do?

If you are resident of England or Wales and your creditor has a CCJ against you in Bournemouth, then they can use a HCEO to recover the debt if they are want to.

The HCEO is a different type of bailiff or enforcement agent who might visit your property in Bournemouth or sell your goods at auction in Dorset if you have not made an agreement to pay the debts against you.

HCEOs can be used by a creditor in Bournemouth if:

You have a CCJ in Bournemouth and you did not pay the penalty you were told by the court

You are owing more than £600

The Consumer Credit Act doesn't regulate your debt in Newport, Bournemouth, or Christchurch

If you have debts like personal loans, payday loans, overdrafts, or credit cards, you won't have to worry about HCEOs in Bournemouth.

Instead, HCEOs in Dorset can only interfere in or regulate the non-regulated debts, such as business debts, utility arrears, tribunal awards or old rent arrears.

You should get advice by giving u a call if an enforcement officer has visited your home in Bournemouth or have received a letter stating that they will come.

You may find it difficult to deal with the HCEOs in Bournemouth on their own as ours act quickly.

What Makes Creditors Employ The Services Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Bournemouth, Dorset?

As compared to enforcement representatives from a County Court, using HCEOs in Bournemouth is more advantageous to creditors.

The creditor can charge a maximum of 8% interest once the HCEO approves the debt against you in Bournemouth, Newport, or Christchurch.

HCEO fees can put people under more pressure to pay the debt because they are much higher in Bournemouth.

HCEOs in Bournemouth may be more difficult to stop.

Since HCEOs work for private companies, their pay is depends on the total amount of money recovered in Dorset.

This is why creditors in Bournemouth believe HCEO's are more efficient and effective over other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How You Can Involve High Court Enforcement Officer In Dorset's Bournemouth?

First an application for a writ of control is submitted by a creditor in Bournemouth, with this, the HCEO can visit your property and collect payment or even your goods.

You will receive an enforcement letter notice from the HCEO informing you that they are going to reach out in Bournemouth.

They are required to provide you with a minimum of 7 days notice before they visit in Newport, Bournemouth, or Christchurch the first time.

The HCEO will call at your house in Bournemouth and habitually, request you to settle your debt fully.

In case you cannot pay in full in Bournemouth, then they will look for goods which may be taken into control until you pay the debt.

If you own a business, the HCEOs may also go to your business premises in Bournemouth.

When the HCEO takes control of your goods, they would draw up a list of the goods to be removed and sold off if the debt is still not paid.

Items the HCEOs can or cannot seize are just the same as other kinds of enforcement agents in Dorset.

In most cases, the Bournemouth HCEO will allow you to take custody of the items and settle the debt in bits.

In case you don't pay any instalment, they will return and take out the goods to sell them in Bournemouth.

This is referred to as a "Controlled Goods Agreement".

There are instances where the officers will confiscate your goods right away in Bournemouth, for example, if you have a large item like a vehicle which can be easily sold immediately to pay the debt, and when the officers think you might sell or remove controlled items before clearing the debt in full and they may boot your car to prevent you from using it.

Is Breaking Into Homes In Dorset's Bournemouth Allowed For High Court Enforcement Officers?

On their first visit, the HCEOs can't break into your home in Bournemouth, so they will just come to visit you to explore the goods in your home.

This means they can't prevent you from closing the door and they can't even push past you and they aren't allowed to climb through a window or skylight in Newport, Bournemouth, or Christchurch.

Nevertheless, if the HCEOs have previously visited your Bournemouth property and made a list of items in a controlled goods agreement, they can forcefully return if you have not settled the debt.

The rules are distinct at commercial premises in Bournemouth.

If you operate your own business, the HCEO can forcefully enter into the business premises in Bournemouth if you refuse to let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If An Hceo Contacts Me, What Should I Do In Dorset's Bournemouth?

You should pay the full debts if you have the money before they visit you in Bournemouth and this reduces the cost you will bear.

If you are not able to pay the debt in full all at once, try to make a deal where you can pay it in instalments.

You will need to serve a written offer to the court enforcement agent and creditor directly in Bournemouth.

Attach a copy of your budget.

In addition, start paying as per the payment plan that you offered, even if the HCEO in Christchurch, Bournemouth, or Newport didn't reply.

You can consider increasing the rate of the offer if they refused your offer of payment if the HCEO has taken control of your goods in a visit in Bournemouth.

How Much Can A High Court Enforcement Office Charge In Dorset's Bournemouth?

Enforcement agents in Bournemouth usually add fees to debts but the fees charged by HCEOs is often higher.

The fees are determined by the law in Dorset.

For instance, in case you have a £1,000 debt and you refuse to pay, the Bournemouth HCEO can take your possessions and the total fees included will be at least another £1,285.

If an enforcement notice is sent to you in Bournemouth, a fee of £75 will be added.

£190 +7.5% of the liability balance above £1,000 added during the HCEO's first visit in Bournemouth.

If you don't make an effort to set up an arrangement plan or you break the plan, £495 can be added.

If the HCEO officer visits again in Bournemouth to remove the items for the debt value over £1,000, extra £525 +7.5 % will be charged by the officer.

Additional auction and storage charges are included the moment your property is seized and sold in Bournemouth, Christchurch, or Newport.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How To Stop Enforcement Officers From High Court In Bournemouth, Dorset?

Apply to the Bournemouth court to cut short the HCEOs if it's difficult to make an arrangement on how to clear the debt in instalments with a stay of execution.

This is extremely hard as compared to preventing enforcement agents from a County Court who are normally deployed to pick a CCJ & the court will often not accept the "execution stay" in Bournemouth.