0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Enforcement Officers Based In High Court; What Is Their Work In Cambridgeshire's Cambridge?

Your creditor in England and Wales can use the High Court enforcement officers (HCEO) in some cases, if he has the County Court judgment (CCJ) against you in Cambridge, to collect the debt.

The HCEO will come to your Cambridge site and if you don't come to an agreement on the debt settlement, they have the mandate to auction your goods in Cambridgeshire as the HCEO is a kind of bailiff or an enforcement agent.

A creditor has the chance to use HCEOs in Cambridge if:

You owe the payments you are supposed to pay in the judgement in Cambridge and you have a CCJ

You have a debt above £600

Your debt in Cambridge, Chippenham, or Carlton is not under the regulations of Consumer Credit Act

It means that Cambridge HCEOs do not have the jurisdiction to enforce debts such as personal loans, payday loans, overdrafts or credit cards.

However, the HCEOs in Cambridgeshire can deal with non-regulated debts like tribunal awards, business debts, utility arrears, or old rent arrears.

If a HCEO has visited you in Cambridge or contacted you via a letter to explain they will attend, ask us for advice quickly.

Normally, our HCEO in Cambridge reacts with speed and it may be hard handling them individually.

Do You Know Why The Creditor Uses Hceo Officers In Cambridge, Cambridgeshire?

A creditor stands to gain many benefits when using the HCEOs instead of the County Court Enforcement agents in Cambridge.

The first advantage is that the creditor can add up to 8% to the debt owed after the debt has been passed to the HCEOs in Chippenham, Cambridge, or Carlton.

The borrowers usually get under more pressure to pay the debt when they're dealing with the HCEO because their fees are much higher in Cambridge.

HCEOs are not easy to cease in Cambridge.

HCEOs are hired and paid by a private company depending on the amount they collected in Cambridgeshire.

This is why creditors in Cambridge believe HCEO's are more efficient and effective over other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Do Enforcement Agents From High Court Get Concerned In Cambridgeshire's Cambridge?

The Creditor in Cambridge will ask the HCEO to visit your property after applying for a writ of control, and they can ask you to pay the debt or sell your goods at auction.

You will receive an enforcement letter notice from the HCEO informing you that they are going to reach out in Cambridge.

The notice would be issued by HCEOs 7 days prior to the visit in Chippenham, Cambridge, or Carlton.

When they visit in Cambridge, the HCEO would first demand payment for the debt owed.

Failure to adhere to this in Cambridge means they will confiscate goods until the time you settle the debt.

They might also pay a visit at your workplace in Cambridge in case you are self-employed.

The goods that are taken control of would be listed and later sold off if the debtor doesn't pay up.

The goods they can or can't carry are the same as other types of execution agents in Cambridgeshire.

Typically, you may be allowed by the Cambridge HCEO to keep the goods and clear the debts in instalments.

In case you don't pay any instalment, they will return and take out the goods to sell them in Cambridge.

Controlled goods agreement is what this is known as.

In some cases, HCEO's may remove goods right away in Cambridge, especially in case they find a big product like a car, which may be sold to pay the debt straight away or in case they believe you may take out or sell the controlled goods before you have paid off the debt, also, they may clamp your car in order to stop you driving it.

Can A High Court Enforcement Officer Enter My Residence In Cambridge In Cambridgeshire Without An Invite?

HCEOs will attempt to gain entry into your home to search for goods, it is illegal for them to forcefully enter your property in Cambridge on the first visit.

This means they can't push past you, climb through a window or skylight, or put a foot in the door to stop you closing it in Chippenham, Carlton, or Cambridge.

But remember, in case you don't pay the debt, HCEOs can use force to come in, if they had already visited your Cambridge property before and listed your goods in the controlled goods agreement.

The rules are distinct at commercial premises in Cambridge.

HCEO may use force to break into the premises in Cambridge if you do not let them in if you run your own firm.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Can You Do If A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Contacts You In Cambridge In Cambridgeshire?

You should pay if you are able to afford the complete debt before the HCEO first visits the property in Cambridge and this will keep the costs to a minimum.

You may consider making an offer to pay off the debts in instalments which is feasible if you cannot pay all at once.

You need to give your preferred payment offer in written form to the Cambridge HCEO and directly to the creditor.

Include a print of your financial plan.

Moreover, even if the High Court Enforcement Officer in Chippenham, Carlton, or Cambridge hasn't replied, you may begin to pay the debt at the rate you have offered.

You can consider increasing the rate of the offer if they refused your offer of payment if the HCEO has taken control of your goods in a visit in Cambridge.

What Are High Court Enforcement Officer's Charges In Cambridgeshire's Cambridge?

All court enforcement agents in Cambridge surcharge your debt; yet, HCEOs charge even a higher fee.

The fees are set in law in Cambridgeshire.

For instance, you refuse to pay because you owe £ 1,000, or if the HCEO in Cambridge controls the products, the total amount of fees added will be £1,285.

When a 'Notice of enforcement' letter is sent in Cambridge, it will add £75.

During their first visit in Cambridge, £190 plus 7.5% of your total debt value of more £1,000 is included.

If you didn't make an agreement to pay, they'll charge £495 extra or if you broke the agreement at some stage.

In the event that the HCEO returns to seize your property in Cambridge, £525 plus 7.5% of the total value above £1,000 will be included.

Auction and other storage costs are added if your goods are removed and sold in Chippenham, Carlton, or Cambridge.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can High Court Enforcement Officers (hceos) In Cambridgeshire's Cambridge Be Stopped?

You have the right to apply for the HCEO to be stopped if you fail to come up with a payment agreement, buy applying for a stay of execution in Cambridge courts.

In contrast to County court enforcement officers who are required to use a CCJ, it is harder to stop HCEOs and the stay of execution in Cambridge may not be approved by the courts.