0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Can A High Court Officer In Cheshire, Cheshire Do?

When a County Court judgment (CCJ) is obtained against a debtor in Cheshire who lives in Wales or England, one effective way of colleting the debt is through the High Court enforcement officer (HCEO).

HCEO's can remove your products from your Cheshire property to sell at auctions in Cheshire if you do come to term with a debt payment plan, they are similar to enforcement agents.

A creditor can use HCEO services in Cheshire if:

They have a CCJ against you in Cheshire and the payments which the courts ordered you to make have not been remitted

You have a debt above £600

The Consumer Credit Act doesn't regulate your debt in Crewe, Chester, or Ellesmere Port

If you have debts like personal loans, payday loans, overdrafts, or credit cards, you won't have to worry about HCEOs in Cheshire.

HCEOs in Cheshire can also work on unregulated debts the likes of unsettled bills, tribunal awards, business debts or aged rent arrears.

If you had a High Court Enforcement Officer visit you, or receive a letter to say they will visit your Cheshire home, please call us immediately for further advice.

It may be hard to handle this by yourself, as our Cheshire HCEO will normally act quickly.

Why A Creditor May Need High Court Enforcement Officers In Cheshire's Cheshire?

Using a HCEO instead of a County Court enforcement agent in Cheshire is much better for a creditor.

The moment the liability is transferred to the HCEOs, an 8% interest is added by the creditor in Chester, Crewe, or Ellesmere Port.

HCEO fees are too high in Cheshire, which can place people under more stress to pay up the debt.

In Cheshire, it is hard to stop the HCEO from working.

High court enforcement officers work for private firms and in Cheshire, they get paid based on the amount of money they collect.

This makes HCEO's more efficient and reliable in the eyes of creditors in Cheshire.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does A Court Enforcement Officer In Cheshire, Cheshire Come In?

Creditors first get the HCEO's to take payment or to visit your property to take your goods from you, through a writ of control in Cheshire.

Before giving you a call in Cheshire, the HCEO will send you a notice of enforcement letter.

They are required to provide you with a minimum of 7 days notice before they visit in Crewe, Chester, or Ellesmere Port the first time.

An enforcement officer from high court will come to your home in Cheshire and request you to clear the debt.

They will be asking for commodities to be managed until the debt is paid if you can not do so in Cheshire.

It is also a must they come to your business in Cheshire if you are self-employed.

When the HCEO takes control of your goods, they would draw up a list of the goods to be removed and sold off if the debt is still not paid.

The items they may or not seize are similar to those of other kinds of enforcement officers in Cheshire.

In most cases, Cheshire enforcement officers will allow you to keep the items so long as you agree to pay the debt in instalments.

If you lack a payment in the schedule, they will be back to remove and sell the goods in Cheshire.

Controlled goods agreement is what this is known as.

At times HCEO's will take goods directly in Cheshire, particularly if they can find a big item like a car which they can sell to clear off the debt instantly, or if they think you might hide or sell the controlled goods before you paid off your debt, and they can also lock your vehicle to prevent you from driving it.

Does A High Court Enforcement Officer Have The Right To Break Into My Home In Cheshire In Cheshire?

HCEOs cannot force their way into your home in Cheshire on the first visit, but instead, they will look for goods but cannot enter forcefully.

This implies that they cannot push past you, stop you from closing the door or climb in through a window or skylight to enter in Chester, Ellesmere Port, or Crewe.

However, if they've earlier been at your residence in Cheshire and made a list of items in an agreement of controlled goods, they can force their way in if you fail to pay them.

At Cheshire commercial buildings, the rules are different.

If you run your own business, the HCEO can use force to break into the Cheshire premises if you don't allow them to come in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If An Hceo Contacts Me, What Should I Do In Cheshire's Cheshire?

It is advised that you pay off your debts before the HCEO comes knocking on your door in Cheshire and that is of course, if you can afford to do so.

If you are not in a position to settle the debt at a go, you will have to come to an agreement of paying it off in periodic instalments.

You can send to the High Court Enforcement Officer in Cheshire and straight to the creditor an offer of the payment.

Include with it a copy of your expenditure.

No matter whether the HCEO in Crewe, Chester, or Ellesmere Port has responded to the offer or not, you should start making payments at the rate you've offered.

If it is refused by the HCEO, think about upping the rate, especially if your goods are seized when you were visited by an HCEO in Cheshire.

What Do Court Enforcement Agents Charge In Cheshire's Cheshire?

Your debts would be higher if you use any enforcement agent in Cheshire, however, HCEOs are more expensive.

They are lawful fees too in Cheshire.

For instance, the HCEO in Cheshire will charge £1,285 in total if you have a debt of £1,000 and they will sell your goods to recover the entire amount.

When the 'Notice of enforcement' note is sent in Cheshire, a £75 is included.

An additional sum of £190 +7.5% of the debt would be added on the first visit of the HCEOs in Cheshire.

An additional £495 will be added if you don't pay as per an agreed plan, or if you don't make an effort to settle the debt.

£525 +7.5% of the debt value over £1,000 is added if the HCEO comes for the second time in Cheshire to take away your goods.

Additional auction and storage costs are incurred on your goods when they are removed and sold in Crewe, Chester, or Ellesmere Port.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Is There Any Way To Stop The High Court Enforcement Officers In Cheshire, Cheshire?

You can apply to the Cheshire court to stop the HCEOs if you can't come to an agreement to pay off the debt in instalments via a 'stay of execution'.

Asking the court for the stay of execution in Cheshire is much more difficult rather than continuing to use the County Court enforcement agents who use a CCJ and the court could disapprove.