0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Cheshire

High Court Enforcement Officers visiting to your home in Cheshire can be a stressful experience but you shouldn't be bullied because you have rights.

High court enforcement officers can only try to enter your property in Cheshire between 6 am to 9 pm.

You should try to not let a High Court Enforcement Officer enter your premises in Chester, Ellesmere Port, or Crewe.

It's better to keep them outside in Cheshire and try to resolve your debt by speaking through the door or the phone.

Ensure that you lock the doors as well as the windows - High Court Enforcement Officers in Cheshire have the permission to gain access via unlocked doors.

In addition, endeavour to lock your porch if it has a lockable door.

In some conditions such as the type of debt, the high court enforcement agent can open the door in Cheshire by making use of force with the help of a locksmith if you refuse to allow them in.

You may want to pay off your debt when you have the chance before it comes to this.

If you are physically threatened by the HCEO, call 999, and don't allow them into your property in Cheshire.

In Cheshire, Cheshire, Make Them Identify Who They Are

On arrival of the High Court Enforcement Officer, the first thing you are to do is to ask for proof of who they are and the reason behind their visit in Cheshire.

In case they identify themselves as debt collectors in Chester, Ellesmere Port, or Crewe, ask them to get away.

They have no similar authority as court enforcement agents and they should leave immediately when requested in Cheshire.

If they claim they're bailiffs or High Court Enforcement Agents, ask to see an ID card, badge, 'certificate of enforcement agent'.

All registered HCEOs in Cheshire have to carry proof of who they are.

They also need to state the company they are from and may give you a telephone contact for the head office in Cheshire.

In Cheshire, you should demand they show you the documents from the window or through the letter box.

Their proof of identity will show what kind of High Court Enforcement Officer they are and their name.

Verify their identity in Cheshire by either:

Check the certificated bailiffs register to confirm if they are a certificated enforcement agent in Cheshire

In case they say they are a High Court Enforcement agent, you can check the directory

Contact the court in Cheshire that sent them if they said they are Civilian Enforcement Officers or County Court enforcement officers, or family court enforcement officers.

If they do not give you valid proof of identity in Cheshire, ask them to leave.

You should say you will report them to the police in Ellesmere Port, Crewe, or Chester if they don't leave.

If they insist on staying, call 999.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Check If The High Court Enforcement Agent Is Authorised To Enter By Force In Cheshire's Cheshire?

The high court enforcement officer is allowed to use force to enter your house or business in Cheshire when collecting:

Court Fines from the Magistrates: for instance if you're fined for not funding your licence of the TV.

Tax debts for HM Revenue and Customs: like unpaid income tax.

They need to show proof of what you owe and a "warrant" or paper called a writ from the court in Cheshire.

All documents should be signed with the correct date, address in Cheshire and name.

The HCEOs are not allowed to break down your door but they can use "reasonable force" in Crewe, Chester, or Ellesmere Port.

This implies that they must come back with a locksmith from Cheshire to help unlocking the door.

It is rare for such as situation to occur since you will be given time to come up with an offer for paying the debt.

The best option is to get in touch with your local Citizen Advice for assistance if the High Court Enforcement Officers decide to get a locksmith from Cheshire to force entry into your residence.

If You Allow The Enforcement Agent On Your Property

If you cannot afford to pay the debt at the moment and let them in, you can further make a controlled goods agreement with them and agree to a new repayment plan.

This means you will agree to a repayment plan and pay some bailiff fees.

Check how to strike a controlled goods agreement with High Court Enforcement Officers from Cheshire.

In case you fail to sign an accord, the court enforcement officers may seize your property to auction and settle your debt.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If The High Court Enforcement Officer Is Not Mandated To Get Inside By Force

The high court enforcement agent from Cheshire isn't allowed to enter your home forcefully if they're collecting any other kind of dept.

Other Types Of Debt Include:

Unpaid council tax arrears for Crewe, Ellesmere Port, or Chester

Catalogue or credit card debts

Parking tickets that are Unpaid

A debt you have with energy or phone corporations

You can talk to them through closed-door whilst the HCEOs are outside.

Ensure other people in your house know they are not allowed let them in.

Ask them to give you a complete breakdown of the debt they are collecting and to whom its payable to -this is the person or company they claim you owe money to.

Tell the HCEOs to pass any relevant documents under the door or through the letterbox.

Make sure you still have the right name and address with all the papers they send you.

If it's someone else's debt, tell the high court enforcement agent to leave saying that you'll contact their head office.

If the debt is yours, inform the High Court Enforcement Officer from Cheshire to leave and that you will communicate with the headquarters for payment arrangements.

The High Court Enforcement agent may say you have to make the payment on the doorstep or you must let them inside your property, however this is untrue.

They can't have a locksmith with them to aid in getting in because they aren't allowed to enter your home forcefully.

The HCEOs will leave if you refused to let them in, however, they will come back if you failed to arrange on how to pay off your debts.

It is vital that you do that immediately, or else the enforcement agents may include their charges to the debt.

If the bailiff remains on your property, or if you feel that you are being threatened, you have the rights to complain.

If You've Failed A 'controlled Goods Agreement'

When you breach a' regulated products deal,' you might get a letter entitled' Notice of intent to re-enter'.

It also implies that the High Court Enforcement Officers from Cheshire have the right to take advantage of "reasonable force" to re-enter your home.

Moreover, they will have to make use of a locksmith to unlock your door as they are not allowed to break it down.

There may still be time to renegotiate your controlled goods agreement and halt the Cheshire High Court Enforcement Agents from visiting - act quickly.

You can check what to do if you've failed a controlled goods agreement.