0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Does High Court Enforcement Officers In Cornwall In Cornwall Do?

In some instances, your creditor may use an enforcement officer from the high court to collect debt if the creditor has got a county court judgement against you in Cornwall and you reside in Wales or England.

The HCEO is an enforcement agent or bailiff of a kind and they will visit your property in Cornwall and they will be able to remove goods for sale at auction in Cornwall if you do not make an agreement to pay the debt.

The services of Cornwall HCEOs can be used by the creditor if:

You have not paid according to the judgment by the court although you in Cornwall have a CCJ

You are over £600 in debt

The Consumer Credit Act does not regulate your debt in Truro, Saint Austell, or Camborne-Redruth

HCEOs in Cornwall cannot require debts, such as credit cards, overdrafts, payday loans or personal loans.

HCEOs in Cornwall can also work on unregulated debts the likes of unsettled bills, tribunal awards, business debts or aged rent arrears.

If the HCEO officer visited you, or you had a letter stating they're going to visit your Cornwall property, call us for extra advice right away.

Our Cornwall HCEO can be difficult to deal with on your own because we usually act quickly.

Why A Creditor Chooses To Use Enforcement Officers From The High Court In Cornwall, Cornwall?

A creditor stands to gain many benefits when using the HCEOs instead of the County Court Enforcement agents in Cornwall.

The creditor in Camborne-Redruth, Truro, or Saint Austell can add an 8% interest on the debt once the HCEO passes the debt.

It is more expensive to use HCEOs in Cornwall, so people are under more pressure to clear their debt.

It is difficult to stop HCEOs in Cornwall.

HCEOs are hired by a private company and receive payment based on the amount they recover in Cornwall.

Many Cornwall creditors believe that HCEOs are faster and more reliable when compared with other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does A Hceo Become Concerned In Cornwall's Cornwall?

The Cornwall creditor would take the first step of applying for a writ of control, which paves the way for the HCEO to visit the property and demand for payment or take the debtors' goods instead.

You should be offered an enforcement notice from the HCEO's informing you about their visit in Cornwall.

Before their visit in Camborne-Redruth, Saint Austell, or Truro, you will be given at least 7 days to prepare your case.

You would typically be asked to pay the loan entirely by the HCEO when they access your house in Cornwall.

They will be asking for commodities to be managed until the debt is paid if you can not do so in Cornwall.

They might also pay a visit at your workplace in Cornwall in case you are self-employed.

Property control includes the HCEO creating a record of the items to be seized and auctioned in the event that you fail to service your debt.

The goods that are exempted or allowed to take away are the same as other types of enforcement agent in Cornwall.

Many of the times, the HCEO in Cornwall will let you keep the goods and will also offer an instalment plan, if needed.

But, once you fail to make the payment, the goods are removed and sold by them in Cornwall.

This is referred to as a controlled goods agreement.

If in case, the officer from the HCEO visits your place and find a good item like car, in Cornwall they can straight away take that into their custody as it would easily pay-off your debt, or in other case, they might also clamp your vehicle in order to stop you driving the aforesaid vehicle until the debt is cleared.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) To Break Into My Home In Cornwall's Cornwall?

When the HCEOs visit initially, they cannot enter your premises in Cornwall forcefully, but they will look for goods.

It implies that they cannot climb through a window or skylight, push past you, or put a foot in the door to prevent you from shutting it in Saint Austell, Camborne-Redruth, or Truro.

However, if they've earlier been at your residence in Cornwall and made a list of items in an agreement of controlled goods, they can force their way in if you fail to pay them.

The rules differ when it comes to commercial premises in Cornwall.

In case you are a sole proprietor, the court enforcement officer may apply for breaking into the Cornwall property if you prevent them from entering.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If An Hceo Contacts Me, What Should I Do In Cornwall's Cornwall?

To ensure that costs are kept to the barest minimum, simply try to pay your debts in full before the HCEO visits your property for the first time in Cornwall.

If you are not able to pay the debt in full all at once, try to make a deal where you can pay it in instalments.

Write your offer of payment and send it directly to the creditor or the HCEO in Cornwall.

You should also attach a copy of your budget.

In addition, start paying as per the payment plan that you offered, even if the HCEO in Truro, Camborne-Redruth, or Saint Austell didn't reply.

In case they deny your offer of payment, you might need to rise it, especially in case the HCEO has gone around and taken control of your possessions in Cornwall.

What Are The Fees Charged By The High Court Enforcement Officers (hceos) In Cornwall's Cornwall?

Your debts would be higher if you use any enforcement agent in Cornwall, however, HCEOs are more expensive.

The fees are set in law in Cornwall.

For example, a debt of up to £1,000 will attract another £1,285 if you fail to pay back and the HCEO in Cornwall confiscates your goods.

They will add £75 when they send 'Notice of enforcement' letter in Cornwall.

When HCEO makes the first visit in Cornwall, your debt is added with £190 + 7.5% of the debt over £1000.

In case you don't make an agreement to make the payment or in case you break the agreement to pay the debt, then £495 will be included.

If the HCEO returns to seize goods in Cornwall, they will add £525 + 7.5% of the value of the debt for debts over £1,000.

Other costs such as storage and auctions fees are added for the removal and sale of your goods in Truro, Camborne-Redruth, or Saint Austell.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Else Can I Stop Enforcement Officials From The High Court In Cornwall, Cornwall?

You can apply to the Cornwall courts to stop the HCEOs only if you cannot come to an arrangement on how to pay off your debts by a "Stay of Execution".

Asking the court for the stay of execution in Cornwall is much more difficult rather than continuing to use the County Court enforcement agents who use a CCJ and the court could disapprove.