0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Do You Know What The High Court Enforcement Officers In Enfield, Greater London Can Do?

If you live in England or Wales, your creditor can use a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) to collect the debt you're owing if they has a County Court judgment (CCJ) against you in Enfield.

The HCEO is a kind of enforcement bailiff or agent and they usually visit the Enfield premises of a debtor and will try to make an agreement on how the debt will be paid and they can confiscate your goods and sell at auction in Greater London.

Guidelines that allow creditors to use HCEO's in Enfield include:

You have a CCJ and failed to make the payments the court in Enfield instructed you to make in the judgment

Your liability is over £600

The debt in Wormley, Crews Hill, or Hoddesdon isn't controlled by the consumer credit act

Debts like the overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans or payday loans cannot be enforced by the HCEO's in Enfield.

Instead, HCEOs in Greater London can only interfere in or regulate the non-regulated debts, such as business debts, utility arrears, tribunal awards or old rent arrears.

You should get advice by giving u a call if an enforcement officer has visited your home in Enfield or have received a letter stating that they will come.

It is known that our Enfield HCEO's act quickly so it can be hard for you to deal with this.

What Are The Reasons Why A Creditor Makes Use Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Enfield In Greater London?

A creditor has many benefits when using the HCEOs instead of the County Court Enforcement agents in Enfield.

After the debt has been transferred to High Court Compliance Officers, the creditor in Hoddesdon, Wormley, or Crews Hill will apply 8 percent interest.

HCEO payments are significantly higher in Enfield and this can push people to pay the debt.

It can be really difficult in Enfield to stop an HCEO.

The HCEOs are paid based on the amount they collect in Greater London while they're hired by a private company.

This makes creditors in Enfield think HCEO's are more effective, and ensures quicker results.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Is A Greater London's Enfield High Court Enforcement Officer's Involvement In This?

The HCEO will only take the goods or visit your place or might get payment if the creditor applies for the writ of control in Enfield.

Before any call or visit from the HCEO in Enfield, you will be informed via a notice of enforcement letter.

HCEOs must give you a notice at least 7 days before they visit your property in Wormley, Crews Hill, or Hoddesdon.

The High Court Enforcement Officer will visit your home in Enfield and usually ask you to pay the debt in full.

If the Enfield debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

If you are self-employed, they must attend your business in Enfield.

The term 'taking control of goods' involves the HCEO making a list of items that will taken away and sold out in case of debt payment failure.

The HCEO would only remove or leave some goods, which are the same as other types of enforcement agents in Greater London.

Normally the Enfield HCEO allow the goods to be maintained and pay off the debt by instalments.

But if you miss out to pay the instalment, they might visit again and take goods in their list to sell in Enfield and pay-off your instalment.

This is referred to as a "Controlled Goods Agreement".

The HCEO's may also take merchandise instantly in Enfield, specifically if they can find a large object, like a vehicle that can be sold quickly for debt clearance or they could clamp the vehicle, or if they think you may withdraw or sell the goods regulated until you paid out the debt.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer To Enter My Home In Enfield In Greater London Without My Permission?

The HCEO will never break your house in Enfield and look for the goods on their first visit, but they can try to collect the goods.

It implies that they cannot climb through a window or skylight, push past you, or put a foot in the door to prevent you from shutting it in Crews Hill, Hoddesdon, or Wormley.

However in case they have been in your Enfield residence, and listed goods in a regulated goods agreement, they may make use of force to come in again in case you don't make the payment.

At Enfield commercial buildings, the rules are different.

For Enfield business premises, however, HCEO's can forcefully it if you own the area if you do not invite them in

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Do I Act If I Am Contacted By A High Court Enforcement Officer In Greater London's Enfield?

You should consider paying off the debt before the HCEO's first visit in Enfield if you can afford to pay and it will save you from major problems.

If it would be difficult for you to settle the debt at once, you can make an arrangement to clear it in instalments.

Send an offer of payment in writing directly to the creditor and the HCEO in Enfield.

Do not forget to attach your budget copy.

You will need to start repaying the debt at the agreed rates, whether or not you have received any response from the HCEO in Hoddesdon, Crews Hill, or Wormley.

If your offer is refused consider raising it, particularly if the enforcement officer has come to Enfield and seized some of your goods.

What Are The Fees Charged By Hceos In Enfield, Greater London?

All enforcement agents in Enfield include fees to your debt, but HCEOs have a higher tier of fees.

These fees are set in law in Greater London.

As an example, if you have a liability of £1,000, and you fail to make a payment, and the Enfield HCEO takes your goods, the total fees added will be a minimum of another £1,285.

When the notice of enforcement letter is sent in Enfield then the £75 is added.

When you are visited in Enfield by the HCEO, £190 +7.5% of the debt value of over £1,000 is also added.

In case you don't make an agreement to make the payment or in case you break the agreement to pay the debt, then £495 will be included.

In case the HCEO returns in Enfield to take your possessions, then £525 + 7.5% of the value over £1,000 is added.

Other auction and storage expenses are added to items when being taken and then sold in Wormley, Crews Hill, or Hoddesdon.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How To Stop Enforcement Officers From High Court In Enfield, Greater London?

If you fail to come up with an agreement to settle you debts in instalments you send an application to the court in Enfield to halt the HCEOs through a 'Stay of Execution'.

Asking the court for the stay of execution in Enfield is much more difficult rather than continuing to use the County Court enforcement agents who use a CCJ and the court could disapprove.