0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Is The Extent Of The Job Of The High Court Enforcement Officers In Exeter, Devon?

Unless you live in the UK or Wales and the borrower has a judgement against you in Exeter by the County Court (CCJ), they may in some instances use a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) to collect the debt.

A common type of enforcement agent is a High Court enforcement officer and the HCEO will visit your Exeter property to ask you if you're going to pay the debt or not and if you didn't make an agreement, they will sell your goods at auction in Devon.

A creditor can use HCEO services in Exeter if:

You have a CCJ and failed to make the payments the court in Exeter instructed you to make in the judgment

You owe over £600

Your debt in Luton, Crawley, or Exeter is not under the regulations of Consumer Credit Act

That means Exeter HCEOs cannot deal with debts like overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans, or payday loans.

However, HCEO's in Devon can handle unregulated debts like old rent arrears, tribunal awards, business awards or utility arrears.

If an HCEO officer visits you in Exeter, or you receive a letter informing you of their coming, give us a call for more advice immediately.

Our HCEO in Exeter is always swift in action and this can be complicated to handle.

Why A Creditor Chooses To Use Enforcement Officers From The High Court In Exeter, Devon?

There are plenty of benefits for a creditor when rather than utilising enforcement agents of the County Court, using HCEOs in Exeter.

The creditor is allowed to add 8% interest once the debt has been passed to HCEOs in Exeter, Luton, or Crawley.

Because of the higher fees charged by HCEOs in Exeter, debtors are always under pressure to pay up.

HCEOs are not easy to cease in Exeter.

The HCEOs are hired by private firms, and their fees are based on what they are able to collect in Devon.

This makes creditors in Exeter think HCEO's are more effective, and ensures quicker results.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How The Involvement Of A High Court Enforcement Officer Takes Place In Exeter In Devon?

The creditor in Exeter needs to apply for a writ of control first, which tells the HCEO to visit your property and get the payment or take your goods.

HCEO's send an enforcement notice informing you about their visit in Exeter.

An HCEO will inform you before their first visit in Luton, Exeter, or Crawley by at least seven days.

When they visit in Exeter, the HCEO would first demand payment for the debt owed.

If you are unable to pay your debts in Exeter, then they will look for goods that can be taken into custody until the amount if cleared.

In case you are self employed they may visit your commercial premises in Exeter.

To take control of goods means that HCEO produces a list of items that are to be deleted and sold if the debt is not paid.

Goods that they can not or can not remove are the same as other HCEOs in Devon.

It means that the debtors may be allowed to keep the goods by the HCEO's in Exeter and pay their debts in instalments.

If you don't pay your instalments, they'll return and carry the goods to market them in Exeter.

This call-of-action is known as the controlled goods agreement.

It is not uncommon for them to take goods immediately in Exeter, particularly if they have found a sizeable item like a car which could be sold to pay off the debt as soon as possible, or if they suspect that you may sell the goods or remove them prior to the complete payment of your debt and to ensure that you do not drive your car, your car can be immobilised.

Could The Officer From The High Court Enforcement Agency Enter My House In Exeter, Devon Without My Permission?

When they visit you for the first time, they will find ways to enter your house in Exeter to look for goods, but they have no right to break into it.

It implies that they cannot climb through a window or skylight, push past you, or put a foot in the door to prevent you from shutting it in Exeter, Luton, or Crawley.

HCEOs can only use force to come into your home in Exeter if you don't pay them, only if they have been there previously and have listed some goods in a controlled goods agreement.

Commercial premises in Exeter have different rules.

For Exeter business premises, however, HCEO's can forcefully it if you own the area if you do not invite them in

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If The Hceo Officer Contacts Me In Exeter, Devon, What Should I Do?

If you are in a position to fully clear the debt before the HCEO first visits the site in Exeter, kindly do so, this will minimize the costs.

Otherwise, you can choose to pay the debt in instalments if you can't pay it off at once.

You should send your payment offer to the HCEO and a copy to the creditor in Exeter.

Include with it a copy of your expenditure.

You should begin to make payments at the rate you've proposed, even if the HCEO in Luton, Exeter, or Crawley hasn't responded.

If a HCEO does not accept your offer you should consider increasing your offer, especially if the HCEO has visited in Exeter and taken control of your goods.

What Do High Court Enforcement Officers Charge In Exeter, Devon?

Fees are always added to your debt by enforcement agents in Exeter, but the ones set by HCEOs are higher.

These fees are set in law in Devon.

Suppose, the total debt is £1,000 and you are refusing to pay, the HCEO in Exeter take control of your goods and will add-on their service charges thus making the debt to £1,285.

As soon as the Enforcement notice is sent in Exeter, another £75 is added.

When the HCEO first visits in Exeter, £190 +7.5% of the debt value will be added to debts over £1,000.

You would be paying an additional £495 if you didn't make any arrangements to pay off your debts or you miss a payment.

£525 and 7.5% of the value of the debt accrues to your debt value of more than £1,000 if the HCEO revisits Exeter to seize and control your goods.

Auction and other storage costs are added if your goods are removed and sold in Crawley, Exeter, or Luton.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How To Stop Enforcement Officers From High Court In Exeter, Devon?

You can apply to the Exeter courts to stop the HCEOs only if you cannot come to an arrangement on how to pay off your debts by a "Stay of Execution".

It is more difficult to stop HCEOs than County Court enforcement agents who would be used to collect a County Court Judgement (CCJ) and the court may also not agree to the Stay of Execution in Exeter.