0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Exeter

High Court Enforcement Officers entering your house in Exeter can be intimidating, but you have rights and should not be harassed.

Timings when enforcements agents are permitted to enter your place in Exeter start from 6am and end at 9pm.

It is not necessary to let the Enforcement Officers from high court enter your home in Luton, Exeter, or Crawley.

Sort your debt out by talking to them through the door or over the phone so they can be kept outside the Exeter residence.

High court enforcement agents in Exeter are allowed to come in through unlocked door - make sure your windows are closed and your doors are locked.

You should also lock the door of your porch if you have it.

As determined by the type of debt you have to pay, some high court enforcement officers can get a locksmith to open your door in Devon if you refuse to let them in.

You should still have the chance to pay without letting them in.

If a HCEO physically threatens to enter your property, call 999 immediately, and make sure that they do not enter in Exeter.

In Exeter, Devon, Have A Proof Of Who It Is

When a high court enforcement officer enters, the first thing you have to do is ask for proof of who he is and why they have decided to visit in Exeter.

In case they identify themselves as debt collectors in Luton, Crawley, or Exeter, ask them to get away.

They don't have the same powers as the High Court Enforcement Officers so must leave when told to do so in Exeter.

If they say they are a enforcement agent, ask them to provide evidence of their identification such as an 'enforcement agent certificate', ID card, or badge.

All registered HCEOs in Exeter must have a valid proof or means of identification.

They will state the firm they work for and provide a phone number for the main office in Devon.

In Exeter, you should ask them to show you the documents at a window or pass them through your letterbox.

Their proof of identity will show their name and the type of High Court Enforcement Officer.

Inspect their identity in Exeter by:

Verify the certificate register of the enforcement agents - in case they claim they are actually certified agents in Exeter

Search the directory - if they claim they are a high court enforcement officer

Visit the very court in Exeter that dispatched them - in case they claim they belong to a particular county enforcement agency, civilian enforcement agency or family enforcement representative.

If they fail to prove their identity to you in Devon, ask them to leave.

Say you will report them to the Police in Exeter, Luton, or Crawley if they don't leave.

Call 999 if they don't leave your house.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Can The High Court Enforcement Officer Use Force To Enter In Exeter, Devon?

The High Court Enforcement Officer may have authority to use force to gain entry to your business or home in Exeter if they're collecting:

Court Fines from the Magistrates: for instance if you're fined for not funding your licence of the TV.

HMRC Tax Debts: you owe income tax.

However, they must have a warrant or writ from the court in Exeter and an evidence of the debt you owe.

Confirm that the documents are properly signed, with the due date and your correct Exeter address and name on them.

In this case, they can only employ reasonable force in Exeter, Crawley, or Luton, as they don't have the right to break down your door.

It means they will bring a locksmith from Exeter to unlock the door if it's locked.

This action is not commonly observed - you will still have time to make an offer to resolve the debt.

If the high court enforcement officers say they have a locksmith from Exeter to force entry to their building, it is best to contact the local citizens lawyer for assistance.

If You Allow The High Court Enforcement Agent To Enter Your Home

You have to make a 'controlled goods agreement' if you decide to let them in and you are not able to afford to make payments toward what you owe straight away.

It implies that you agree to a specific repayment plan, as well as paying the HCEOs' fees.

Check the ways to make a controlled goods agreement with them in from Devon.

If you are not willing to make an agreement the High Court Enforcement Officers are authorised to take away your things to sell and pay off your debt.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Hceos' Are Not Always Allowed To Enter By Force

Enforcement agents from Devon are not authorized to forcefully enter your property if they are collecting any other type of debt.

Other Types Of Debt Include:

Council tax arrears for the area of Luton, Crawley, or Exeter

Catalogue or credit card debts

Unpaid parking tickets

Energy or phone companies debts

You have the right to hold them out and speak at the door.

Also make sure every individual in your home knows not to let them in.

You can require for a complete breakdown of debt they are gathering and who the 'creditor' is - this is the one or company they say your owe money to.

Before opening the door ask them to pass the documents either through the letterbox or under the door.

Check that any they give you documents with correct names and address.

If you notice that the debt belongs to someone else, tell them that you will call the head office to clarify things and request them to leave.

In case, it is your debt, tell the High Court Enforcement Officers from Exeter to leave and say you will speak to their head office to make the payment arrangements.

Even when the HCEOs insist that you pay them on the spot or let them in, it is your right not to do so.

They cannot forcefully enter your place and they can't even ask a locksmith for help in entering.

The HCEOs will leave if you refused to let them in, however, they will come back if you failed to arrange on how to pay off your debts.

It's important to do this as soon as possible, otherwise the fees of HCEOs will be added to your debt.

If the bailiff remains on your property, or if you feel that you are being threatened, you have the rights to complain.

When You've Broken A ' Controlled Goods Contract'

When you breach a' regulated products deal,' you might get a letter entitled' Notice of intent to re-enter'.

This means the bailiff from Exeter has the right to enter your premise using a 'reasonable force'.

Though they have no right to break down your door, they can open it through a locksmith and enter.

You may have to renegotiate your Agreement of Controlled Goods to stop the Devon High Court Enforcement Officers from coming back. If you are lucky to have such an opportunity, do not hesitate to act quickly on it.

Check what you must do if you flouted a controlled goods contract.