0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Is The Extent Of The Job Of The High Court Enforcement Officers In Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester?

If you are situated in Wales or England, your creditor can use a High Court enforcement officer to take the debt you owe, if they have a County Court judgement opposing you in Greater Manchester.

The HCEO acts as a bailiff or enforcement agent, and they can pick and sell off some of your properties from your Greater Manchester residence at a Greater Manchester auction when you fail to come to a pact with them on how to settle your debt.

HCEOs can be used by creditors in Greater Manchester under these conditions:

You haven't made the payments according to the court's judgment that was given with a CCJ in Greater Manchester

Your debt is more than £600

The Consumer Credit Act does not regulate the loans in Manchester, Bolton, or Stockport

It simply means that HCEOs in Greater Manchester cannot enforce specific debts, including payday loans, credit cards, or personal loans.

However, Greater Manchester HCEO's are fully authorised to deal with non-regulated debts like pending utility bills, business debts, tribunal awards or pending old rent dues.

You may need to contact us for help when you receive a letter from the HCEO saying that they would come to your Greater Manchester property.

Our HCEO's in Greater Manchester might act very quickly and it can be difficult for you to deal with this all by yourself.

What Is The Need Of Using High Court Enforcement Officers By The Creditor In Greater Manchester's Greater Manchester?

As compared to enforcement representatives from a County Court, using HCEOs in Greater Manchester is more advantageous to creditors.

The creditor in Stockport, Bolton, or Manchester may add 8% interest when the debt has been gone through to HCEOs.

People tend to be under more pressure to settle the debt since HCEO fees are high in Greater Manchester.

It can be extremely difficult in Greater Manchester to compromise HCEOs.

HCEOs check are according to how much debt they collect in Greater Manchester, and usually work for private companies.

This means that many Greater Manchester creditors feel that HCEOs are faster and more effective.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does A Court Enforcement Officer In Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester Come In?

The creditor would take the first step of applying for a writ of control in Greater Manchester, which paves the way for the HCEO to visit the property and demand payment for debt or take the debtors' goods instead.

You should be offered an enforcement notice from the HCEO's informing you about their visit in Greater Manchester.

This is a seven day warning sent before their first visit to Stockport, Manchester, or Bolton.

Your Greater Manchester property will be visited by the HCEO and you would be asked to make your payment in full.

If the Greater Manchester debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

In case you are self employed they may visit your commercial premises in Greater Manchester.

Property control includes the HCEO creating a record of the items to be seized and auctioned in the event that you fail to service your debt.

Like other types of enforcement agent in Greater Manchester, they can remove certain types of goods from your property.

Debtors may be allowed by the Greater Manchester HCEO to keep the goods and pay their debts in instalments.

They can always come back to remove and sell those goods in Greater Manchester anytime the debtors default.

This is known as controlled goods agreement.

There are instances where the officers will confiscate your goods right away in Greater Manchester, for example, if you have a large item like a vehicle which can be easily sold immediately to pay the debt, and when the officers think you might sell or remove controlled items before clearing the debt in full and they may boot your car to prevent you from using it.

Are High Court Enforcement Officers Allowed To Break Into The Home In Greater Manchester In Greater Manchester?

When the HCEOs visit initially, they cannot enter your premises in Greater Manchester forcefully, but they will look for goods.

It implies that they cannot climb through a window or skylight, push past you, or put a foot in the door to prevent you from shutting it in Bolton, Manchester, or Stockport.

However, if the HCEO officer already has a list of goods of items in the controlled goods agreement, they can forcefully enter your house in Greater Manchester and if you have not paid the debts.

These rules do not apply on commercial properties in Greater Manchester.

They have the right to break into your business premises or office in Greater Manchester if you don't let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Can You Do If A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Contacts You In Greater Manchester's Greater Manchester?

It is advised that you pay off your debts before the HCEO comes knocking on your door in Greater Manchester and that is of course, if you can afford to do so.

You may consider making an offer to pay off the debts in instalments which is feasible if you cannot pay all at once.

Write your offer of payment and send it directly to the creditor or the HCEO in Greater Manchester.

Include your budget copy.

Start repaying according to the debt you've specified on the payment offer even before you hear from the HCEO in Bolton, Stockport, or Manchester.

If your offer is refused, and you've been visited in Greater Manchester and your goods taken by the HCEO, you may need to increase your initial offer.

What Are The Charges Of The High Court Enforcement Officer In Greater Manchester In Greater Manchester?

Your debts would be higher if you use any enforcement agent in Greater Manchester, however, HCEOs are more expensive.

The costs are established in law in Greater Manchester.

Take an example, you have a debt of £1000, have failed to pay back and the enforcement officer in Greater Manchester has confiscated your items and the total costs will be at least an extra £1285.

When the 'Notice of enforcement' letter is sent in Greater Manchester, a charge of £75 is added.

£190 +7.5% of the debt value over £1,000 will be added after the HCEO's visit in Greater Manchester.

In case you do not have any plan to settle your debt, or you fail to pay as agreed, then £495 will be included.

£525 and 7.5% of the value of the debt accrues to your debt value of more than £1,000 if the HCEO revisits Greater Manchester to seize and control your goods.

All the other charges including the auction and storage costs are added if the goods will be sold in Manchester, Bolton, or Stockport.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can High Court Enforcement Officers Be Stopped In Greater Manchester In Greater Manchester?

You can apply to the Greater Manchester court to stop the HCEO if you can't come up with an arrangement to pay off the debt in instalments through a stay of execution.

It would be more harder than stopping enforcement officers from the county court who usually collect a county court judgment and the court does not always accept stay of execution in Greater Manchester.