0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

When The High Court Enforcement Agents Visit You Executive Recoveries and Enforcement In Hartlepool, Durham Tell You What To Do

You will notified in advance before the High Court Enforcement Officer from Hartlepool calls.

If you know that a visit is can be made by HCEO, ensure that all the external doors are closed.

Although High Court Enforcement Officers may not get into your home through the open window, it is still advised to shut your windows.

If the high court enforcement agent from Hartlepool is yet to take the details of your car, hide it away from your home or lock it in a garage.

In case you don't have access to a garage, you could park the car away from your residence.

But if the High court enforcement officer sees it, they could pin it and extract it probably.

If your car is parked on your property, they can also immobilise it.

When the High Court Enforcement Officers visit from Hartlepool, they will show you identification, such as an ID Card or a badge - that will be when you request for it.

In most instances, High Court Enforcement Officers from Durham are not to force their way into your residence if they have not had a previous visit.

If they're trying to apply force, you shouldn't let them enter your home at any cost.

In case the HCEO has once visited your house, handled your property well and you haven't honoured any accord you signed with them, normally, they have permission to come back and seize your belongings.

Although they have the right to take control of goods, they are not allowed to take goods such as essential (important) household items.

Relax and do not be intimidated. Becoming angry or getting physical with the enforcement agent from Durham would just aggravate the entire situation.

When Can High Court Enforcement Officers Force Entry? Executive Recoveries and Enforcement In Hartlepool, Durham Reveals All

In case a High Court Enforcement officer has not been in the house before, there are limited cases when an agent can force entry to your residence.

The High Court Enforcement Officers are recovering a criminal court fine of the magistrates.

HM Revenue and Customs obtaining unpaid tax, permission from the court is required to do this.

Business property break-in is an exception as enforcement officers of the county court or HCEOs from Durham can enter forcibly.

Practically, it is rare situation for these types of bailiff to enter by force.

Also, note that other types of high court enforcement officers must never force entry if they have not entered before.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How You Can Make Payments? Executive Recoveries and Enforcement In Hartlepool, Durham Explain How

The rule of thumb is to make an offer of payment with the amount you can afford to pay and start paying as soon as you can.

Provide a copy of your budget when making an offer of payment to a high court enforcement officer from Hartlepool.

Clarify your situation and why you are toiling to pay.

You may consider putting your offer in writing if you find it challenging to negotiate with them.

In case you paid in cash to a High Court Enforcement agent, always obtain a receipt.

You can also ask the creditor to let you pay directly.

This is possible if the enforcement agent has come to take council tax to be given to the local authority.

Confirm that it is within the law to ask a court to take back the debt and consider what you can afford to pay.

This can be possible if your unpaid arrears is being handled by the High or county court or you have an outstanding fine of the magistrate court.

Complaining Executive Recoveries and Enforcement In Hartlepool, Durham Tells You How

Get a detailed and written breakdown of what the High Court Enforcement Officers from Hartlepool which says what you owe.

The law permits adding fixed levies to your debt.

You can complain if they charge you extra.

Get advice if you are unsure if bailiffs have the powers they claim to.

On the other hand, the HCEOs should behave professionally.

They should follow the law and also national standards that are agreed upon.

For most High Court Enforcement Officers from Hartlepool to act they need a certificate from the county court.

You can file complain in the court and ask to withdraw of bailiff's certificate.

Additional Advice

Make a written complaint when necessary.

You should make a complaint in written form if you do not like a bailiff's behaviour.

If you are unhappy with their response, you can escalate your complaint.

You may be allowed to take your protest to your Local Authority & Social Ombudsman in case you have unpaid parking fees arrears or council tax notices.

A lot of High Court Enforcement Officers from Hartlepool are in the Civil Enforcement Association, Which operates a complaints wing for their members.