0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Hartlepool

HCEOs coming to your premise in Hartlepool can be extremely traumatising; however, the rights and therefore you need not be harassed.

The only time High Court Enforcement Officers can visit your home in Hartlepool is from 6am to 9pm.

You should keep the high court enforcement officers outside the home in Croft on Heugh, Bellevue, or Dalton Piercy.

You can sort the matter by ensuring they stay outside in Hartlepool and talking over the phone or through a window if needed.

As High Court Enforcement agents in Hartlepool can come in through doors that aren't locked, you need to ensure that doors are locked and windows are closed.

If you have a porch that has doors, lock them too.

The High Court Enforcement Officer will sometimes have the power to enter your home in Durham by using force depending on the kind of debt and he can ask a locksmith to open your door if you would not allow them in.

You will still have a chance to pay the debt before they force themselves in.

If a high court enforcement officer threatens you physically, dial 999 and do not allow them to enter your Hartlepool premises.

In Hartlepool In Durham, Obtain Evidence Of Who They Are

The first action you should take when a High Court Enforcement officer visits you is to require evidence of who they are and the reason for their visit in Hartlepool.

If you come to know that they are 'debt collectors' in Bellevue, Dalton Piercy, or Croft on Heugh, tell them to leave.

They don't have the same powers as the High Court Enforcement Officers so they must go when you require them to in Hartlepool.

If they say they are a enforcement agent, ask them to provide evidence of their identification such as an 'enforcement agent certificate', ID card, or badge.

All registered HCEOs in Hartlepool must show proof of who they are always.

They'll also give you a telephone contact number for the head office in Durham while telling you about the company they're from.

In Hartlepool, tell them to show you the documents at a window or pass it through your letterbox.

Their proof of identity will show what kind of High Court Enforcement Officer they are and their name.

You can check their identity in Hartlepool by:

If they present themselves as certificated enforcement agent in Hartlepool, check the register of bailiffs that are certificated

Search the directory - if they claim they are a high court enforcement officer

Get in touch with the court in Hartlepool that sent them if they say they're a family court enforcement officers, a civilian enforcement officer or county court enforcement officers.

Tell them to leave your premises if they can't prove who they are in Durham.

Inform them that you intend to call the police in Croft on Heugh, Bellevue, or Dalton Piercy if they remain.

Call 999 if they don't leave your house.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Can The High Court Enforcement Officers Enter Forcefully In Hartlepool, Durham?

The only ways a High Court Enforcement agent could force entry your property or business in Hartlepool is in case they are gathering:

Magistrate Fines: you were given a fine for not paying your TV license.

HMRC Tax Debts: you owe income tax.

They will have to give you a proof of your debts as well as a document such a 'writ' from court in Hartlepool or a 'warrant'.

Check your signed and recorded paperwork and get the legal name and address in Hartlepool.

They are not allowed to bring down your door - they are only allowed to use 'reasonable force' in Bellevue, Dalton Piercy, or Croft on Heugh.

Meaning that they will have to look for a locksmith from Hartlepool to open the door.

You still have time to make offers on how to pay off your debt, therefore, it may be unlikely for the HCEOs to take that action.

If the enforcement agents tell you that they would be getting a locksmith from Hartlepool to forcefully enter your home, it is recommended that you contact your local Citizens Advice for assistance.

In Case You Allow The Enforcement Agents Into Your House

If you let the HCEOs into your home and couldn't afford to pay off your debts then, you would need to make a "Controlled Goods Agreement".

It implies that you agree to a specific repayment plan, as well as paying the HCEOs' fees.

Learn how to come up with the best controlled goods agreement with them in Durham.

The HCEOs will remove your goods to sell and pay off your debt if you refuse to make an agreement.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

When The Enforcement Agents Are Not Allowed To Forcefully Enter

If the High Court Enforcement Officer from Durham receives some debt of any other kind, he cannot force an entry.

This Includes If They Are Collecting:

Property arrears with City in Croft on Heugh, Dalton Piercy, or Bellevue

Catalogue or credit card debts

Overdue parking tickets

Unpaid energy or phone companies bills

You have the right to keep the High Court Enforcement Officers outside and converse with them via a closed door.

Ensure that every other person in your home is aware of this.

Ask for full details of the debt they're collecting and the name of the 'creditor' - this is the company or person they say you owe money to.

Tell the HCEOs to pass any relevant documents under the door or through the letterbox.

Verify that any documents they give you have a current date and are correctly addressed with your name and address.

If it's not your debt, tell them that you will get in touch with head office of the bailiff and ask them to go.

In case it is your debt, ask them to leave and inform them that you will talk to their head office in Hartlepool in order to make arrangements to pay the debt.

The High Court Enforcement agent may say you have to make the payment on the doorstep or you must let them inside your property, however this is untrue.

They cannot get a locksmith to attend and aid them get in, and they aren't allowed to force their way into your home.

Usually they will go away if refuse to let them inside - but they will be back if there is failure to make payment arrangements.

Therefore, you need to make the arrangements as fast as you can to avoid their fees being added to your debt.

If you think the High Court Enforcement Agents are harassing you and are defiant to leave, you can complain.

In Case You Have Failed To Honour A Controlled Property Accord

If you've broken a 'controlled goods agreement' then you probably get a document titled as a 'intention to re-enter notice'.

It means that High Court Enforcement agents from Hartlepool have got clear orders from the court and they can enter your home using the power given by the authority.

However, they aren't allowed to break down your door, but they can use a locksmith to unlock your door.

You might have a chance for negotiation for your controlled goods agreement and prevent the Durham High Court Enforcement Officers from coming - you should act as quickly as possible.

Check what to do in case you breach a controlled goods agreement.