0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Islington

High Court Enforcement Officers visiting to your home in Islington can be a stressful experience but you shouldn't be bullied because you have rights.

High Court Enforcement could only attempt to come to your house in Islington from 6 am to 9 pm.

You must try not to let the High Court Enforcement Officer into your home in Barnsbury, Angel, or Canonbury.

It's always best way to resolve your debt by keeping them outside in Islington and discussing by the door or over the phone.

Always keep the doors locked as high court enforcement agents in Islington are not allowed to come from locked doors.

If you have a porch with a door that can be secured you should lock it.

As determined by the type of debt you have to pay, some high court enforcement officers can get a locksmith to open your door in Greater London if you refuse to let them in.

You will be given ample time to clear your debt before they come in.

If a HCEO physically threatens to enter your property, call 999 immediately, and make sure that they do not enter in Islington.

In Islington In Greater London, Get Proof Of Who They Are

Make sure you demand for their identity and the purpose of their visit in Islington once the High Court Enforcement Officer comes into your home.

If they identify as a 'debt collector', ask them to leave your property in Barnsbury, Angel, or Canonbury.

The debt collectors don't have the authority like a high court enforcement agent and must go if you asked them to in Islington.

If they claim they're bailiffs or High Court Enforcement Agents, ask to see an ID card, badge, 'certificate of enforcement agent'.

Registered HCEOs in Islington always carry their cards along.

You can also ask them to give you name of their company and head office's contact number in Greater London.

In Islington, direct them to show the documents through the window or pass the same through the letterbox.

Their identity will show their name and the type of High Court Enforcement agent they are.

Find out who they are in Islington by:

Check the certificated bailiffs register to confirm if they are a certificated enforcement agent in Islington

Check the directory if they claim to be HCEOs

If they claim to be a civilian enforcement officer, family court enforcement officer, or county court enforcement officer, contact the court in Islington that sent them.

Tell them to leave if they couldn't identify whom they are in Greater London.

Tell them that police in Canonbury, Angel, or Barnsbury will be reported if they don't leave.

Call 999 if they don't leave your house.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Confirm If High Court Enforcement Agents Can Force Entry In Islington, Greater London?

The High Court Enforcement Officer may have the right to forcefully enter your home or business premises in Islington if they are collecting:

Magistrate court fines: for example, you were charged for failing to remit your TV certificate.

HMRC Tax Debts: you owe income tax.

The agent will have to show you a writ from a court in Islington or a warrant along with the proof of what you owe.

Check to be sure the documents are in date, signed and have your name and address in Islington.

In this case, they can only employ reasonable force in Barnsbury, Canonbury, or Angel, as they don't have the right to break down your door.

It means they will bring a locksmith from Islington to unlock the door if it's locked.

It is very doubtful they will - ideally you'll still have time to offer a debt settlement deal.

If the high court enforcement agent says that they're getting a locksmith from Islington to enter your home forcefully, you need to get in touch with your local Citizens Advice for help.

If You Let The High Court Enforcement Officers Into Your Residence

If you cannot afford to pay the debt at the moment and let them in, you can further make a controlled goods agreement with them and agree to a new repayment plan.

Here, you'll have to work out a repayment plan with them, with some bailiff fees inclusive.

Check the ways to make a controlled goods agreement with them in from Greater London.

The high court enforcement officers will seize the products to market to pay your debt if you do not reach an agreement.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

When The Bailiff Is Not Allowed To Force Entry

High court enforcement officers from Greater London have no right to force entry when collecting other types of debt.

This Also Happens Whether They Collect:

Outstanding tax payment to the council for the locations of Barnsbury, Canonbury, or Angel

Catalogue debts or credit card

Unpaid parking vouchers

Money you owe phone companies or energy

You can talk to them from your window and keep them outside if you like.

Let every member of your house be aware that they are not allow them inside.

You can require for a complete breakdown of debt they are gathering and who the 'creditor' is - this is the one or company they say your owe money to.

Before opening the door ask them to pass the documents either through the letterbox or under the door.

Ensure that any papers they serve you are up-to-date and contain your official name and contact.

If they come with another person's debt, ask them to leave, and that you will talk to their head office.

If it is your debt, request that they leave your property and tell them that you'll contact the head office in Islington to make a settlement plan.

The High Court Enforcement Officers might say you are bound to pay them on the doorstep or you have to let them in, but remember you don't.

They have no right to force themselves in or to bring a locksmith to help them achieve that either.

They will generally leave if you don't allow them to enter- but they'll be back if you don't pay your pending dues.

It is necessary that you do this as fast as possible, else extra fees would be added to your debt by the bailiff.

You have the right to complain if evictor is harassing you or not leaving the house.

If You Defaulted A 'controlled Goods Contract'

A letter named the 'notice of intention to re-enter' may be sent to you if you break this agreement.

This is an indication that the High Court Enforcement Officer from Islington has the right get into your residence using 'reasonable force'.

They are not permitted to break down your door, they still have to come with a locksmith open it up.

You should take an action quickly such as renegotiating your agreement regarding controlled goods; this should make bailiffs from Greater London not visit you.

Check what you must do if you flouted a controlled goods contract.