0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What High Court Enforcement Officers In Kent's Kent Can Do ?

If you stay in England or Wales and your creditor obtains a County Court judgment (CCJ) against you in Kent, in some cases, a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) will be sent to collect the debt.

The High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) is an enforcement agent that is responsible for retrieving creditors' money from the residence in Kent and removing goods to sell at auction in Kent.

The HCEOs in Kent can be used by the creditor if:

You have got a county court judgement and have failed to make payments as ordered by the court in the judgement in Kent

You have the debt equal to or more than £600

The Consumer Credit Act is not in control of debt in Gillingham, Chatham, or Maidstone

Debts like the overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans or payday loans cannot be enforced by the HCEO's in Kent.

HCEOs in Kent can also work on unregulated debts the likes of unsettled bills, tribunal awards, business debts or aged rent arrears.

If an HCEO officer visits you in Kent, or you receive a letter informing you of their coming, give us a call for more advice immediately.

You may find it difficult to deal with the HCEOs in Kent on their own as ours act quickly.

What Is The Need Of Using High Court Enforcement Officers By The Creditor In Kent's Kent?

The creditor can avail several advantages by using the HCEO rather than some other County Court enforcement agents in Kent.

After the debt has been transferred to High Court Compliance Officers, the creditor in Gillingham, Maidstone, or Chatham will apply 8 percent interest.

It pay off because debtors are always under pressure to pay up because of the higher fees charged by HCEOs in Kent.

It can be really difficult in Kent to stop an HCEO.

HCEOs work in a private firm and are paid according to the percentage they receive in Kent.

Therefore, the HCEOs are considered to be faster and more effective in the eyes of creditors in Kent.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does High Court Enforcement Officer Involve Themselves In Kent In Kent?

Creditors first get the HCEO's to take payment or to visit your property to take your goods from you, through a writ of control in Kent.

The HCEO will send you a notice of enforcement letter telling you that they're going to call in Kent.

Before their first visit in Maidstone, Gillingham, or Chatham, the HCEOs need to provide at least seven days' notice to the borrower.

You will be paid a visit by the HCEO in Kent and they will demand for the full debt to be settled.

If the Kent debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

They might also pay a visit at your workplace in Kent in case you are self-employed.

To take control of goods means that HCEO produces a list of items that are to be deleted and sold if the debt is not paid.

Some goods cannot be taken and some can which is the same as almost any other enforcement agent in Kent.

Usually the HCEO in Kent will let you pay the debt off in instalments and keep the goods.

They'll come back and remove the goods to sell them in Kent if you miss any instalments.

Controlled goods agreement is what this is known as.

There are instances where the officers will confiscate your goods right away in Kent, for example, if you have a large item like a vehicle which can be easily sold immediately to pay the debt, and when the officers think you might sell or remove controlled items before clearing the debt in full and they may boot your car to prevent you from using it.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) To Break Into My Home In Kent's Kent?

HCEOs may try to go in the Kent home and locate products, but on the first encounter, they can not push themselves.

It implies that they cannot climb through a window or skylight, push past you, or put a foot in the door to prevent you from shutting it in Chatham, Gillingham, or Maidstone.

However, if the HCEO officer already has a list of goods of items in the controlled goods agreement, they can forcefully enter your house in Kent and if you have not paid the debts.

For commercial premises in Kent, the HCEO applies different rules.

If you run your own business, the HCEO can use force to break into the Kent premises if you don't allow them to come in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Should I Do If A High Court Enforcement Officer Writes To Me In Kent, Kent?

You should pay if you are able to afford the complete debt before the HCEO first visits the property in Kent and this will keep the costs to a minimum.

You can also insist for an instalment plan if you are unable to pay-off your debts in full.

You need to give your preferred payment offer in written form to the Kent HCEO and directly to the creditor.

Include a copy of your budget.

Start paying the debt at the rate stated in the offer even if you have not received a reply from the high court enforcement officer in Maidstone, Chatham, or Gillingham.

You may need to consider increasing your budget if the former was rejected if the HCEO has visited in Kent and taken control of your goods.

What Do Court Enforcement Agents Charge In Kent's Kent?

Fees are added to the debts by all the enforcement agents in Kent, however, that of the HCEO is normally higher.

The charges are according to the law in Kent.

For instance, in case your debt is £1,000 and you fail to pay it, thereby compelling the Kent HCEO to seize your property, the total charges included will be no less than £1,285.

£75 is added to your fees anytime the "Notice of Enforcement" is sent in Kent.

When HCEO's visited for the first time in Kent, £190 + 7.5% of the debt value is added for debts over £1000 in Kent.

If you don't make an offer of payment or you breach the payment agreement, another £495 is added.

If the HCEO visits you in Kent again to take control of your goods, you will be required to pay £525 + 7.5% of your debt, if it is more than £1,000.

Other auction costs and storage fees can be added if your goods are removed and sold in Chatham, Gillingham, or Maidstone.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can High Court Enforcement Officers Be Stopped In Kent In Kent?

If you could not manage to pay the debt in instalments you have the option to apply to the court in Kent to halt the HCEO's proceedings with a 'stay of execution'.

The court won't always agree to the stay of execution in Kent and it can be really difficult to stop the HCEOs as compared to the County Court enforcement agents who use CCJs.