0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Are High Court Enforcement Officers In West Yorkshire's Leeds Able To Do?

The landlord or creditor may use the County Court Judgement (CCJ) against you in Leeds if you are a tenant living in any commercial property in Wales or England, a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) can be used to collect debt you owe.

The HCEO is an enforcement agent or bailiff of a kind and they will visit your property in Leeds and they will be able to remove goods for sale at auction in West Yorkshire if you do not make an agreement to pay the debt.

HCEOs can be used by creditors in Leeds under these conditions:

You have received a CCJ in Leeds or you haven't made the payments as directed by the court's judgement

You have more than £600 in debt

The Consumer Credit Act does not regulate your debt in Newsam Green, Pudsey, or Leeds

HCEOs in Leeds cannot require debts, such as credit cards, overdrafts, payday loans or personal loans.

But HCEO's in West Yorkshire can handle debts that are non-regulated like utility arrears, business debts, tribunal verdicts, or old occupancy debts.

If in any case, you receive a letter from the HCEO officer, or the HCEO officer visits your premises in Leeds, you must immediately call us.

It can be hard to deal with the HCEO in Leeds as ours act in an efficient manner.

Why Should A Creditor Engage Enforcement Officers From High Court In West Yorkshire's Leeds?

A creditor has many benefits when using the HCEOs instead of the County Court Enforcement agents in Leeds.

The creditor in Leeds, Newsam Green, or Pudsey can add an 8% interest on the debt once the HCEO passes the debt.

Because of the higher fees charged by HCEOs in Leeds, debtors are always under pressure to pay up.

It's more difficult to stop the HCEOs in Leeds.

Since HCEOs work for private companies, their pay is depends on the total amount of money recovered in West Yorkshire.

Therefore, the HCEOs are considered to be faster and more effective in the eyes of creditors in Leeds.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How The Involvement Of A High Court Enforcement Officer Takes Place In Leeds In West Yorkshire?

The first step is for the creditor to get a writ of control in Leeds to empower the HCEO to pay the debtor a visit and get them to pay back or confiscate their goods.

The debtor is informed about their coming to Leeds through a notice of enforcement letter.

At least seven days' notice must be given, before their first visit in Leeds, Newsam Green, or Pudsey.

Normally, the HCEOs ask you to pay the debt in full when they come to visit your home in Leeds.

Failure to do this in Leeds will make them search for goods to confiscate until the debts are paid.

If you're self-employed, you can expect a visit from the HCEO on your business premises in Leeds.

Seizing of goods involves the HCEO making a list of items that they'll carry and sell if you fail to pay up the debt.

The goods that are exempted or allowed to take away are the same as other types of enforcement agent in West Yorkshire.

Usually, the HCEOs in Leeds ask the borrower to pay the debt off in instalments, as to keep the goods.

But if you miss out to pay the instalment, they might visit again and take goods in their list to sell in Leeds and pay-off your instalment.

This is termed a goods agreement that is controlled.

Sometimes the HCEO's can take goods straight away in Leeds such as if they can find a large item in your premise like a car, which can be sold to clear the debt immediately, or they may also clamp your vehicle to ensure you cannot drive it until you have completely paid off the debt.

Can A High Court Enforcement Officer Enter My Residence In Leeds In West Yorkshire Without An Invite?

The HCEO will never break your house in Leeds and look for the goods on their first visit, but they can try to collect the goods.

They have no right to climb through the skylight or window, prevent you from closing the door against them, or push you away in the bid to come in in Pudsey, Newsam Green, or Leeds.

Yet, in case they have been around your house in Leeds before, and identified the items within a controlled agreement, they may apply force to enter if you fail to pay.

For commercial premises in Leeds, the HCEO applies different rules.

If you operate your own business, the HCEO can forcefully enter into the business premises in Leeds if you refuse to let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Can You Do If A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Contacts You In Leeds In West Yorkshire?

It is advisable to pay off your debts before the HCEO comes knocking on your door in Leeds and that is of course, if you can afford to do so.

Otherwise, you can choose to pay the debt in instalments if you can't pay it off at once.

Your payment offer should be sent to the creditor directly or in writing to the HCEO in Leeds.

Enclose a copy of your budget.

You should begin to make payments at the rate you've proposed, even if the HCEO in Leeds, Pudsey, or Newsam Green hasn't responded.

You may need to consider increasing your budget if the former was rejected when in a situation whereby the HCEO has visited in Leeds and taken control of your goods.

What Do High Court Enforcement Officers Charge In Leeds, West Yorkshire?

Although all enforcement agents in Leeds add more fees to your debts, the HCEOs have a higher scale of fees.

These costs are fixed by law in West Yorkshire.

For instance, if you are owing £1,000 and refused to pay, only for the HCEOs in Leeds to take control of your goods, you would pay at least an additional £1,285.

As soon as the Enforcement notice is sent in Leeds, another £75 is added.

When HCEO makes the first visit in Leeds, your debt is added with £190 + 7.5% of the debt over £1000.

Failure to come up with a payment arrangement or breaking of any payment arrangement made will attract a fee of £495.

In the event that the HCEO returns to seize your property in Leeds, £525 plus 7.5% of the total value above £1,000 will be included.

Other auction costs and storage fees can be added if your goods are removed and sold in Pudsey, Leeds, or Newsam Green.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How To Prevent The High Court Enforcement Officers In Leeds, West Yorkshire?

You can apply to the Leeds courts to stop the HCEOs only if you cannot come to an arrangement on how to pay off your debts with a "Stay of Execution."

This is harder than stopping the County Court execution agents that would normally be used to collect a CCJ, and the court does not often grant a stay of execution order in Leeds.