0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Can High Court Enforcement Officers In Margate In Kent Do?

If you stay in England or Wales and your creditor obtains a County Court judgment (CCJ) against you in Margate, in some cases, a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) will be sent to collect the debt.

The HCEO is a kind of bailiff or enforcement agent and they'll attend your property in Margate and remove goods to sell at auction in Kent if you don't make an agreement to pay the debt.

Guidelines that allow creditors to use HCEO's in Margate include:

You've not made the payments but you have a CCJ and payments the court in Margate told you to in the judgment

Your debt is more than £600

Your balance due in Margate, Broadstairs, or Ramsgate is not controlled by Consumer Credit Act

This implies debts such as overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans or payday loans can not be enforced by HCEOs in Margate.

HCEO's in Kent only have power over loans like business debts, old rents, and utility arrears, tribunal awards and others that are not regulated.

You should get advice by giving u a call if an enforcement officer has visited your home in Margate or have received a letter stating that they will come.

Our HCEOs in Margate are quick to work and this can be complicated for you to handle.

Do You Know Why The Creditor Uses Hceo Officers In Margate, Kent?

A creditor stands to gain many benefits when using the HCEOs instead of the County Court Enforcement agents in Margate.

The creditor in Ramsgate, Broadstairs, or Margate has the right to include an 8% interest when they involve the HCEO.

HCEO fees are too high in Margate, which can place people under more stress to pay up the debt.

HCEOs are not easy to cease in Margate.

HCEOs work in a private firm and are paid according to the percentage they receive in Kent.

Many creditors in Margate think HCEOs are quicker and more efficient because of this.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does A Hceo Get Involved In Margate In Kent?

The HCEO will only take the goods or visit your place or might get payment if the creditor applies for the writ of control in Margate.

HCEO's send an enforcement notice informing you about their visit in Margate.

Before their first visit in Ramsgate, Margate, or Broadstairs, the HCEOs need to provide at least seven days' notice to the borrower.

The High Court Enforcement Officer will visit your home in Margate and usually ask you to pay the debt in full.

If you are unable to do this in Margate, they would search for the valuable goods you own which could be taken till the payment is made.

If you are self-employed, they must attend your business in Margate.

The HCEO makes lists of what they take and the goods taken control of can be sold if the debt is not paid.

The items they may or not seize are similar to those of other kinds of enforcement officers in Kent.

Typically, you may be allowed by the Margate HCEO to keep the goods and clear the debts in instalments.

The HCEO can always come back to remove and sell those goods in Margate anytime the debtors default.

This is known as controlled goods agreement.

In some cases, HCEO's may remove goods right away in Margate, especially in case they find a big product like a car, which may be sold to pay the debt straight away or in case they believe you may take out or sell the controlled goods before you have paid off the debt, also, they may clamp your car in order to stop you driving it.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer To Enter My Home In Margate In Kent Without My Permission?

On their first visit, the HCEOs can't break into your home in Margate, so they will just come to visit you to explore the goods in your home.

So, they cannot push past you, put a foot in the door to halt you from closing it, or climb in through a window or skylight in Margate, Broadstairs, or Ramsgate.

However, if they've earlier been at your residence in Margate and made a list of items in an agreement of controlled goods, they can force their way in if you fail to pay them.

For commercial properties in Margate, the rules are different.

If you don't let HCEOs in, they are authorised to use force to break in to the business premises in Margate.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

In Case A Hceo Gets In Touch With Me In Margate In Kent, What Should I Do?

You should pay the full debts if you have the money before they visit you in Margate and this reduces the cost you will bear.

You may want to make an offer to pay off the debts in instalments and this is feasible if you cannot pay all at once.

Write your offer of payment and send it directly to the creditor or the HCEO in Margate.

Include your budget copy.

You ought to begin payments at the agreed rate, even if you have not received communication from the HCEO in Margate, Broadstairs, or Ramsgate.

If your offer is refused, and you've been visited in Margate and your goods taken by the HCEO, you may need to increase your initial offer.

What Is The Cost Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Kent's Margate?

HCEOs have a higher scale of fees as compared to the enforcement agents in Margate but they all charge fees on top.

The fees are set in law in Kent.

For Instance if you are owed £1,000, then you don't settle the debt, the HCEO in Margate takes away your goods, the total fees you will have to pay make a total of approximately £1,285.

As soon as the Enforcement notice is sent in Margate, another £75 is added.

The cost increases after a HCEO visit in Margate, by £190 plus 7.5% of the debt value over £1000.

If you didn't make an agreement to pay, they'll charge £495 extra or if you broke the agreement at some stage.

£525 and 7.5% of the value of the debt accrues to your debt value of more than £1,000 if the HCEO revisits Margate to seize and control your goods.

Additional auction and storage costs are incurred on your goods when they are removed and sold in Ramsgate, Margate, or Broadstairs.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Is There Any Way To Stop The High Court Enforcement Officers In Margate, Kent?

You can apply to the Margate courts to stop the HCEOs only if you cannot come to an arrangement on how to pay off your debts by a "Stay of Execution".

The County Court Enforcement Agents, who would usually obtain the CCJ, would be more difficult to stop and the Court will not always agree to the stay of execution in Margate.