0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Can High Court Enforcement Officers In Nottingham In Nottinghamshire Do?

When a County Court judgment (CCJ) is obtained against a debtor in Nottingham who lives in Wales or England, one effective way of colleting the debt is through the High Court enforcement officer (HCEO).

The HCEO is a kind of enforcement bailiff or agent and they usually visit the Nottingham premises of a debtor and will try to make an agreement on how the debt will be paid and they can confiscate your goods and sell at auction in Nottinghamshire.

Guidelines that allow creditors to use HCEO's in Nottingham include:

You have a CCJ and failed to make the payments the court in Nottingham instructed you to make in the judgment

The debt is more than £600

The Consumer Credit Act is not applicable to your debt in Newark-on-Trent, Grantham, or Kimberley

This implies debts such as overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans or payday loans can not be enforced by HCEOs in Nottingham.

However, Nottinghamshire HCEO's are allowed to handle non-controlled debts like business debts, utility balances, old rent balances or tribunal awards.

If the you have been sent a letter that the HCEO would visit your Nottingham property soon, or if they have actually visited, get in touch with us immediately for professional advice.

Our HCEO's in Nottingham might act very quickly and it can be difficult for you to deal with this all by yourself.

Do You Know Why The Creditor Uses Hceo Officers In Nottingham, Nottinghamshire?

There are many benefits why a creditor would use HCEOs rather than County Court Enforcement officers in Nottingham.

A creditor in Newark-on-Trent, Kimberley, or Grantham may add eight percent interest if the debt has been moved to high court enforcement officers

People tend to be under more pressure to settle the debt since HCEO fees are high in Nottingham.

To stop HCEO is very difficult in Nottingham.

The HCEOs are hired by private firms, and their fees are based on what they are able to collect in Nottinghamshire.

Mostly, creditors in Nottingham believe that HCEOs are quicker and more efficient.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Is A Nottinghamshire's Nottingham High Court Enforcement Officer's Involvement In This?

The HCEO will only take the goods or visit your place or might get payment if the creditor applies for the writ of control in Nottingham.

The HCEO will send you a notice of enforcement letter telling you that they're going to call in Nottingham.

Then they will provide you with at least a week's notice before they go over to Kimberley, Newark-on-Trent, or Grantham.

The HCEO will call at your house in Nottingham and habitually, request you to settle your debt fully.

In case you are unable to pay the debt in Nottingham, they will seize some goods until you pay the debt in full.

The HCEO may also call at the debtors' business premises in Nottingham if they are self-employed.

Taking control of goods includes the HCEO writing a list of items that they will take out and sell in case you don't make the payment.

Also, the goods they can or cannot take out are the same as other kinds of enforcement officer in Nottinghamshire.

Normally, the Nottingham HCEO will allow you to keep the goods and then settle the arrears in instalments.

The moment you miss an instalment, they will return, confiscate goods and sell them in Nottingham.

Controlled goods agreement is what this is known as.

The HCEO can also take the goods immediately in Nottingham if they are large items, such as cars that can be sold immediately and used to pay off the debt and they may also halt your vehicle to keep you from driving it and it is also possible that the HCEO can take the goods straight away if they believe they might remove and sell them before paying off the debt.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) To Break Into My Home In Nottinghamshire's Nottingham?

HCEOs will attempt to enter into your property in Nottingham to seek goods, but they can't enter by force on the first visit.

This means that HCEOs cannot barge, put a foot in the door to avoid you closing it or even open a window and climb inside in Kimberley, Newark-on-Trent, or Grantham.

However, they can use force to come in again if they've previously been in your home in Nottingham, listed goods in a controlled goods agreement, and you don't pay them.

But when it is a Nottingham commercial premises owned by you, there are different rules.

If you don't let HCEOs in, they are authorised to use force to break in to the business premises in Nottingham.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Action Should I Take If I'm Contacted By A Hceo In Nottingham, Nottinghamshire?

If it is affordable for you to pay the debt in full before the first visit of HCEO to your property in Nottingham, you should do this and this will save you from extra costs.

You can also insist for an instalment plan if you are unable to pay-off your debts in full.

You should send your preferred payment offer to the HCEO in writing and to the creditor directly in Nottingham.

Attach a copy of your budget.

Even if the HCEO in Grantham, Newark-on-Trent, or Kimberley does not reply to your instalment request, pay your dues according to your instalment plan.

In case they deny your offer of payment, you might need to rise it, especially in case the HCEO has gone around and taken control of your possessions in Nottingham.

What Fees Are Associated With The Hceos In Nottingham, Nottinghamshire?

Every enforcement officer in Nottingham includes fees to your debt, however HCEOs have a bigger scale of fees.

The fees charged are set in law in Nottinghamshire.

For example, if you refuse to make payment and you have a debt of £1,000, and the Nottingham HCEO takes your goods, the total fees added will be at least another £1,285.

The moment the enforcement notice letter is served in Nottingham, £75 is added.

When the HCEO visits for the first time in Nottingham, £190 + 7.5% of the value of the debt over £1,000 is added.

£495 included if you fail to arrange to pay, or if you made a plan to pay but default.

When the HCEO visits again in Nottingham to remove the listed goods, another £525 +7.5% of the debt value of over £1,000 is added.

Your goods are picked and sold in Newark-on-Trent, Kimberley, or Grantham, and the auction and storage costs are added.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can I Prevent High Court Enforcement Officers In Nottingham In Nottinghamshire?

If you fail to come up with an agreement to settle you debts in instalments you send an application to the court in Nottingham to halt the HCEOs through a 'Stay of Execution'.

This is extremely hard as compared to preventing enforcement agents from a County Court who are normally deployed to pick a CCJ & the court will often not accept the "execution stay" in Nottingham.