0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

How To Stop High Court Enforcement In Nottingham

High Court Enforcement Officers visiting your home in Nottingham be a devastating experience, however, you have your rights and should not be bullied.

Between 6 am and 9 pm, the High Court Enforcement agents can come into your home in Nottingham.

You should not allow a High Court Enforcement Officers into your house in Grantham, Kimberley, or Newark-on-Trent.

Instead, speak over the phone, or keep them outside in Nottingham and communicate through the door.

Ensure that you lock the doors as well as the windows - High Court Enforcement Officers in Nottingham have the permission to gain access via unlocked doors.

You can secure that too if you have a porch with a locked door.

As determined by the type of debt you have to pay, some high court enforcement officers can get a locksmith to open your door in Nottinghamshire if you refuse to let them in.

You will be able to have time to pay them without forceful entry.

If a high court enforcement agent is threatening you physically, you should call 999 and not let them into your home in Nottingham.

In Nottingham In Nottinghamshire, Get Proof Of Who They Are

On arrival of the High Court Enforcement Officer, the first thing you are to do is to ask for proof of who they are and the reason behind their visit in Nottingham.

If they identify themselves as 'debt collector' in Grantham, Kimberley, or Newark-on-Trent, ask them to go away.

They don't have equal powers as High Court Enforcement Agents, and they must leave if you ask them to in Nottingham.

You should demand to see their ID card, certificate or badge if they introduce themselves as enforcement agents or bailiffs.

All certified HCEOs in Nottingham must carry evidence of who they are.

They should inform you about their company and offer you their head office contact in Nottinghamshire.

In Nottingham, ask them to show you the written evidence at a window or put them into your letterbox.

Their identification proof will have their name as well as the type of enforcement agent they are.

To confirm their identity in Nottingham, you can either:

Verify the certificate register of the enforcement agents - in case they claim they are actually certified agents in Nottingham

Look through the directory if they tell you they are certified HCEOs

Calling the specific court in Nottingham that sent them if they claim to be a civilian enforcement officer, family court enforcement officer, or county court enforcement officer.

If they can't prove themselves in Nottinghamshire, tell them to leave.

Explain that you will call the police in Newark-on-Trent, Kimberley, or Grantham if they don't.

Call 999 if they aren't leaving your premises.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Verify If The High Court Enforcement Agent Can Force Entry In Nottingham In Nottinghamshire?

The high court enforcement officer is allowed to use force to enter your house or business in Nottingham when collecting:

Magistrate Court Fines: E.G. you were fined for not paying your license of the TV.

HM Revenue and Customs debts of tax: if you owe income tax.

They need to show proof of what you owe and a "warrant" or paper called a writ from the court in Nottingham.

Check if the documents have your correct name and Nottingham address, and find out if the documents are signed and are in date.

They are not authorized to knock down your door - they must use 'reasonable force' in Grantham, Newark-on-Trent, or Kimberley.

This means they will have to bring with a locksmith from Nottingham who can unlock the door.

Forceful breaking in your home is unlikely for the agents to do and you can always use this chance to sort the debt right away.

If the high court enforcement agent says that they're getting a locksmith from Nottingham to enter your home forcefully, you need to get in touch with your local Citizens Advice for help.

If You Allow The Enforcement Agent To Enter Your Place

If you cannot afford to pay the debt at the moment and let them in, you can further make a controlled goods agreement with them and agree to a new repayment plan.

This implies that you will say yes to a payment plan and settle some bailiff fees.

Learn how to come up with the best controlled goods agreement with them in Nottinghamshire.

In case you fail to sign an accord, the court enforcement officers may seize your property to auction and settle your debt.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

In Case The Enforcement Agent Has No Right To Enter By Force

If High Court Enforcement Agent from Nottinghamshire is collecting any other type of liability, they can't force entry.

This Also Happens Whether They Collect:

Council tax arrears in the locations of Grantham, Newark-on-Trent, or Kimberley

Credit card or register debts

Parking ticket debts

Unpaid Phone company or fuel levies

Also, you can keep them outside your property and talk over the closed door.

Ensure that every person in your home should know about not letting them in.

Ask for a full breakdown of the debt they're collecting and who the 'creditor' is - this is the person or company they say you have pending dues to pay them.

Ask them to pass any documents by the letterbox or below the door.

Verify that any documents they give you have a current date and are correctly addressed with your name and address.

You can prove that it is not your debt and say that you will contact the high court enforcement department, so they can leave if it is not your debt.

You ask the bailiff from Nottingham to leave in case it is your debt by saying that you will talk to their head office to arrange the payment.

You may be told by the enforcement that they have to enter your property if they are not paid on your doorstep, this is not true.

They are not allowed to force their way in and they cannot bring a locksmith to open your door.

If you don't allow them come in, they'll leave, however, if you fail to find ways of paying your debt, they will come back.

The high court enforcement agents can add fees to your debt if you didn't arrange to pay the debt.

If you think that the high court enforcement agent is harassing you, you can complain about it to the relevant authorities.

What If Someone Has Broken The Controlled Goods Agreement?

If you've broken a 'controlled goods agreement,' you might get a letter called a 'notice of intention to re-enter'.

Meaning that a high court enforcement officer from Nottingham can use reasonable force to break into your house.

They can use a locksmith to gain entrance because they are not allowed to break down your door.

You may still have time to revisit your controlled property accord and prevent the Nottinghamshire enforcement team from coming to your home - you must act faster.

You must know what to do in case of breaking the agreement of controlled goods.