0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Does High Court Enforcement Officers In Paignton In Devon Do?

If you are situated in Wales or England, your creditor can use a High Court enforcement officer to take the debt you owe, if they have a County Court judgement opposing you in Paignton.

A common type of enforcement agent is a High Court enforcement officer and the HCEO will visit your Paignton property to ask you if you're going to pay the debt or not and if you didn't make an agreement, they will sell your goods at auction in Devon.

A creditor in Paignton may make use of HCEOs if:

You have been served with a CCJ in Paignton but you are yet to pay what the court asked you to during judgment

The debt is more than £600

It is not a Consumer Credit Act regulated debt in Marldon, Brixham, or Torquay

This implies that debts such as credit cards, personal loans, payday loans, and overdrafts cannot be enforced by the HCEOs in Paignton.

However, Devon HCEO's can handle unregulated debt like public arrears, commercial debts, court awards or old rental arrears.

You may need to contact us for help when you receive a letter from the HCEO saying that they would come to your Paignton property.

Our HCEOs in Paignton can act quickly, and this may be hard for you to deal with it all.

Do You Know Why The Creditor Uses Hceo Officers In Paignton, Devon?

There are many benefits why a creditor uses HCEOs instead of County Court enforcement agents in Paignton.

A creditor in Marldon, Brixham, or Torquay may add eight percent interest if the debt has been moved to high court enforcement officers

People are forced to pay their debts because the fees associated with the HCEOs are normally higher in Paignton.

Stopping HCEOs is a very difficult process in Paignton.

The HCEOs are paid based on the amount they collect in Devon while they're hired by a private company.

This makes creditors in Paignton think HCEO's are more effective, and ensures quicker results.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

When Would The High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Be Involved In Paignton In Devon?

Firstly, the creditor in Paignton needs to request for a writ of control which requires the HCEO to go around your residence and obtain the payment or take your goods.

Before giving you a call in Paignton, the HCEO will send you a notice of enforcement letter.

They are required to provide you with a minimum of 7 days notice before they visit in Marldon, Torquay, or Brixham the first time.

An enforcement officer from high court will come to your home in Paignton and request you to clear the debt.

If the Paignton debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

They may also go to your business office in Paignton if you work for yourself.

While taking control of the goods in your home, the HCEO will also create a list of the things they can sell to recover the debt amount if you failed to pay the debt.

The HCEO would only remove or leave some goods, which are the same as other types of enforcement agents in Devon.

Usually, the HCEOs in Paignton ask the borrower to pay the debt off in instalments, as to keep the goods.

If you don't pay your instalments, they'll return and carry the goods to market them in Paignton.

This is known as a controlled goods agreement.

If the HCEO finds a big possession, like a car that can finish off your debt, they will immediately seize it in Paignton or they may clamp it before you can hide it, they also can stop your from being allowed to drive your transport vehicle until the debt is paid off in full.

Can A High Court Enforcement Officer Forcefully Gain Entrance Into My Home In Paignton, Devon?

HCEOs look through your Paignton property to search for items; however, they are not allowed to forcefully enter during their initial visit.

This means they can't push past you, climb through a window or skylight, or put a foot in the door to stop you closing it in Brixham, Marldon, or Torquay.

Nevertheless, if the HCEOs have previously visited your Paignton property and made a list of items in a controlled goods agreement, they can forcefully return if you have not settled the debt.

There are different rules at commercial premises in Paignton.

Here, the HCEOs can forcefully break into your business premises in Paignton if you don't let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If An Hceo Contacts Me, What Should I Do In Devon's Paignton?

It is advised that you pay off your debts before the HCEO comes knocking on your door in Paignton and that is of course, if you can afford to do so.

If you are not in a position to settle the debt at a go, you will have to come to an agreement of paying it off in periodic instalments.

You need to send a written offer of payment to the creditor and the HCEO in Paignton.

Also, attach a copy of your budget.

No matter whether the HCEO in Marldon, Torquay, or Brixham has responded to the offer or not, you should start making payments at the rate you've offered.

You may need to consider increasing your budget if the former was rejected if the HCEO has visited in Paignton and taken control of your goods.

What Are High Court Enforcement Officer's Charges In Devon's Paignton?

HCEOs have a higher scale of fees but all enforcement agents in Paignton add charges to your initial debt.

These fees are fixed by law in Devon.

For instance, If you owe a debt of £1,000 and you refuse to pay it off, the Paignton HCEO removes your goods for auction, at least £1,285 will be added to your debt as total fees.

£ 75 is added when the letter for 'Notice of Enforcement' is sent in Paignton.

£190 +7.5% of the debt value over £1,000 will be added after the HCEO's visit in Paignton.

If you refuse to make a payment arrangement on how to clear the debt, or break an arrangement, a fee of £495 is added.

If the HCEO returns to seize goods in Paignton, they will add £525 + 7.5% of the value of the debt for debts over £1,000.

Costs incurred through storage and auction of your goods are added when goods are removed and sold in Torquay, Brixham, or Marldon.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How To Stop Enforcement Officers From High Court In Paignton, Devon?

You can appeal to the Paignton court to avoid HCEOs if you can not negotiate an agreement to pay the debt in instalments with a 'stay of execution'.

It would be more harder than stopping enforcement officers from the county court who usually collect a county court judgment and the court does not always accept stay of execution in Paignton.