0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Enforcement Officers Based In High Court; What Is Their Work In Dorset's Poole?

When a County Court judgment (CCJ) is obtained against a debtor in Poole who lives in Wales or England, one effective way of colleting the debt is through the High Court enforcement officer (HCEO).

The HCEO will come to your Poole site and if you don't come to an agreement on the debt settlement, they have the mandate to auction your goods in Dorset as the HCEO is a kind of bailiff or an enforcement agent.

The Poole HCEOs could be used by creditors under these conditions:

You haven't made the payments according to the court's judgment that was given with a CCJ in Poole

You are over £600 in debt

The debt in Lytchett Matravers, Barrow Hill, or Poole isn't controlled by the consumer credit act

That means Poole HCEOs cannot deal with debts like overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans, or payday loans.

Instead, HCEOs can only interfere in or regulate the non-regulated debts in Dorset, such as business debts, utility arrears, tribunal awards or old rent arrears.

In case you have had a visit from a High Court Enforcement Officer, or a note informing that they are going to visit your Poole property, get in touch with us for help.

It can be hard to deal with for you as our HCEOs in Poole will act faster.

Why A Creditor Needs High Court Enforcement Officers In Dorset's Poole?

Creditor has various benefits of utilising HCEOs as opposed to enforcement agents of the County Court in Poole.

The first benefit is that the creditor in Lytchett Matravers, Poole, or Barrow Hill can add up to 8% to the debt owed after the debt has been passed to the HCEOs.

People are forced to pay their debts because the fees associated with the HCEOs are normally higher in Poole.

It is very difficult in Poole to stop HCEOs.

The HCEOs are hired by private firms, and their fees are based on what they are able to collect in Dorset.

Many creditors in Poole think HCEOs are quicker and more efficient because of this.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

When Would The High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Be Involved In Poole In Dorset?

The creditor would take the first step of applying for a writ of control in Poole, which paves the way for the HCEO to visit the property and demand payment for debt or take the debtors' goods instead.

The HCEO would send you a letter stating that you would soon be visited in Poole by them.

An HCEO will inform you before their first visit in Poole, Lytchett Matravers, or Barrow Hill by at least seven days.

Your Poole property will be visited by the HCEO and you would be asked to make your payment in full.

In case you are unable to pay the debt in Poole, they will seize some goods until you pay the debt in full.

If you are self-employed, the HCEO officer might also visit your business place in Poole.

Taking control of goods is the HCEO's job, they will separate goods to be sold once you fail to pay the debt.

The goods they can or can't take possession are the same as other types of enforcement agents in Dorset.

Many of the times, the HCEO in Poole will let you keep the goods and will also offer an instalment plan, if needed.

But if you miss out to pay the instalment, they might visit again and take goods in their list to sell in Poole and pay-off your instalment.

This is deemed a "Controlled Goods Agreement".

In some occasions they confiscate take the goods right away in Poole, specifically if they come across a bulky item such as a vehicle which when sold can clear the debt once and for all, or if they anticipate you might hide or sell the controlled goods before paying off the debt and your vehicles can also be clamped to hinder you from driving them.

Does A High Court Enforcement Officer Has The Authority To Break Into The Home In Dorset's Poole?

HCEOs can't force their way in on the first visit, but they will try to enter your home in Poole to look for goods.

This implies that they aren't allowed force themselves in; stop you from closing the door by placing a foot, or skylight or jump in through the window in Poole, Barrow Hill, or Lytchett Matravers.

Nonetheless, you may use force to return if you do not pay for it if you have already been at your house in Poole and have entered products in a managed goods arrangement.

For commercial properties in Poole, the rules are different.

If you are self employed in Poole, the HCEO has the right to forcefully enter your property if you try to stop them.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Do I Act If I Am Contacted By A High Court Enforcement Officer In Dorset's Poole?

If you can pay the debt fully before the HCEO initially attends your house in Poole, you should do this and that will reduce the costs to the least.

You can also insist for an instalment plan if you are unable to pay-off your debts in full.

Send a copy of your payment plan to the HCEO and creditor in Poole.

Do not forget to attach your budget copy.

If you do not hear back from the HCEO in Lytchett Matravers, Poole, or Barrow Hill, you should begin paying instalments regardless.

If your payment arrangement is declined, you may be required to increase it, particularly if the HCEO has taken control of your goods after visiting your Poole property.

What Are The Fees In Poole In Dorset Of High Court Enforcement Officers?

Fees are added to the debts by all the enforcement agents in Poole, however, that of the HCEO is normally higher.

The fees are set in law in Dorset.

For instance, the HCEO in Poole will charge £1,285 in total if you have a debt of £1,000 and they will sell your goods to recover the entire amount.

When letter of 'Notice of enforcement' is sent in Poole, £75 is added to the debt.

When HCEO's visited for the first time in Poole, £190 + 7.5% of the debt value is added for debts over £1000 in Poole.

If you didn't make an agreement to pay, they'll charge £495 extra or if you broke the agreement at some stage.

Removal of goods by the HCEO when they attend Poole again can add £525 as well as 7.5% of the debt value over £1000.

Other storage and auction expenses are included if your possessions are taken out and sold in Barrow Hill, Lytchett Matravers, or Poole.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Is There Any Way That I Can Stop Court Enforcement Agents In Dorset's Poole?

If you could not manage to pay the debt in instalments you have the option to apply to the court in Poole to halt the HCEO's proceedings with a 'stay of execution'.

It is more difficult rather than stopping County Court enforcement agents who would be used to collect a County Court Judgement (CCJ) and the court may also not agree to the Stay of Execution in Poole.