0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What High Court Enforcement Officers In Berkshire's Reading Can Do ?

If you stay in England or Wales and your creditor obtains a County Court judgment (CCJ) against you in Reading, in some cases, a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) will be sent to collect the debt.

The HCEO is an enforcement officer and they'll come to your home in Reading, and if you fail to agree to pay your debt, they can carry your properties to sell at auction in Berkshire.

HCEOs can be used by a creditor in Reading if:

You've not made the payments but you have a CCJ and payments the court in Reading told you to in the judgment

When you owe up to £600

According to the Consumer Credit Act, your debt is not regulated in Reading, Woodley, or Thatcham

Debts like the personal loans, payday loans overdrafts and credit cards are exempt from the loans that the HCEOs can handle in Reading.

Instead, HCEOs in Berkshire can only interfere in or regulate the non-regulated debts, such as business debts, utility arrears, tribunal awards or old rent arrears.

If a HCEO has visited you in Reading or contacted you via a letter to explain they will attend, ask us for advice quickly.

Usually, our HCEO's in Reading acts swiftly and this may be difficult for you to handle by yourself.

What Are The Reasons Why A Creditor Makes Use Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Reading In Berkshire?

There are many benefits why a creditor uses HCEOs instead of County Court enforcement agents in Reading.

8% interest can be added to the debt by the creditor in Reading, Thatcham, or Woodley, if the HCEOs pass the debt.

As HCEOs fees are more costly in Reading, this may put individuals under more pressure to make the payment

It is difficult to stop HCEOs in Reading.

HCEOs check are according to how much debt they collect in Berkshire, and usually work for private companies.

This makes creditors in Reading think HCEO's are more effective, and ensures quicker results.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How You Can Involve High Court Enforcement Officer In Berkshire's Reading?

The Reading creditor would take the first step of applying for a writ of control, which paves the way for the HCEO to visit the property and demand for payment or take the debtors' goods instead.

You will receive a note of enforcement from the HCEO informing you that they are going to get in touch with you in Reading.

Before their first visit in Woodley, Reading, or Thatcham, the HCEOs need to provide at least seven days' notice to the borrower.

An HCEO will attend your property in Reading and expect full payment of the debt.

If the Reading debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

Self-employed people will also be paid a visit in their office or business premises in Reading.

The goods that are taken control of would be listed and later sold off if the debtor doesn't pay up.

Items the HCEOs can or cannot seize are just the same as other kinds of enforcement agents in Berkshire.

HCEOs in Reading can allow you to pay in instalments and keep your goods.

In case you fail any instalment, they will be back and seize the items for auctioning in Reading.

This is termed as the Controlled Goods Agreement.

If the HCEO finds a big possession, like a car that can finish off your debt, they will immediately seize it in Reading or they may clamp it before you can hide it, they also can stop your from being allowed to drive your transport vehicle until the debt is paid off in full.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) To Break Into My Home In Reading In Berkshire?

When the HCEOs visit initially, they cannot enter your premises in Reading forcefully, but they will look for goods.

That means they are not allowed to push you off the way, put a foot in the door to prevent you from closing it, or scale through a window or skylight in Reading, Woodley, or Thatcham.

However, they can use force to come in again if they've previously been in your home in Reading, listed goods in a controlled goods agreement, and you don't pay them.

Regarding commercial property in Reading, the laws are different.

The HCEOs are allowed to break into the business premises in Reading if it's your own business.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

If The Hceo Officer Contacts Me In Reading, Berkshire, What Should I Do?

If you are in a position to fully clear the debt before the HCEO first visits the site in Reading, kindly do so, this will minimize the costs.

If it is difficult for you to pay the debt in one go, you must try to make an offer to pay the debt in instalments.

The HCEO and the creditor in Reading would be sent the offer of payment in written form by you.

Do not forget to attach your budget copy.

And even if the HCEO in Reading, Thatcham, or Woodley hasn't replied, you should start paying off your debt at the rate you've offered.

In case they turn down your payment request, you will need to think of increasing it, particularly if the court enforcement agent has come to Reading and seized your items.

What Do High Court Enforcement Officers Charge In Reading, Berkshire?

Fees are always added to your debt by enforcement agents in Reading, but the ones set by HCEOs are higher.

These fees are fixed by law in Berkshire.

For instance, if you are owing £1,000, and you do not pay up before the HCEO in Reading takes control of your goods, additional fees would be added, amounting up to at least £1,285.

When the notice of enforcement letter is sent in Reading then the £75 is added.

During their first visit in Reading, £190 plus 7.5% of your total debt value of more £1,000 is included.

£ 495 has been applied if you do not accept a payment arrangement, or if you agree to pay then breach it.

£525 +7.5% of the liability balance above £1,000 is added if the HCEO returns to Reading to carry your goods.

Other storage and auction expenses are included if your possessions are taken out and sold in Thatcham, Woodley, or Reading.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can High Court Enforcement Officers Be Stopped In Reading In Berkshire?

If you are unable to successfully reach a payment agreement, you can stop the HCEOs by submitting an application to the courts in Reading for a 'stay of execution'.

This is extremely hard as compared to preventing enforcement agents from a County Court who are normally deployed to pick a CCJ & the court will often not accept the "execution stay" in Reading.