0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What High Court Enforcement Officers In Greater Manchester's Salford Can Do ?

If you are a resident in Wales or England, and your creditor has a CCJ (County Court Judgement) against you in Salford, under certain circumstances, they are permitted to retrieve the debt using a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO).

The HCEO acts as a bailiff or enforcement agent, and they can pick and sell off some of your properties from your Salford residence at a Greater Manchester auction when you fail to come to a pact with them on how to settle your debt.

Guidelines that allow creditors to use HCEO's in Salford include:

You have been served with a CCJ in Salford but you are yet to pay what the court asked you to during judgment

Your debt is over £600

It is not a Consumer Credit Act regulated debt in Brindle Heath, Charlestown, or Salford

That means Salford HCEOs cannot deal with debts like overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans, or payday loans.

HCEOs in Greater Manchester can only control non-regulated debts, like utility arrears, business, tribunal awards or old rent arrears.

If a HCEO has visited you in Salford or contacted you via a letter to explain they will attend, ask us for advice quickly.

You may find it difficult to deal with the HCEOs in Salford on their own as ours act quickly.

Do You Know Why The Creditor Uses Hceo Officers In Salford, Greater Manchester?

As compared to enforcement representatives from a County Court, using HCEOs in Salford is more advantageous to creditors.

After the debt has been transferred to High Court Compliance Officers, the creditor in Salford, Brindle Heath, or Charlestown will apply 8 percent interest.

The high fees of HCEO in Salford put more pressure on people to pay the outstanding payment.

In Salford, it is hard to stop the HCEO from working.

Private companies employ HCEOs and they get their wage dependent upon the amount of debt they recover in Greater Manchester.

This is why many creditors in Salford think HCEO's are faster and more efficient when compared with other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Is A Greater Manchester's Salford High Court Enforcement Officer's Involvement In This?

The first thing a creditor in Salford will do is to apply for a warrant of control which notifies a HCEO to go to your premises and receive money or seize your goods.

The debtor is informed about their coming to Salford through a notice of enforcement letter.

Before their visit in Salford, Brindle Heath, or Charlestown, you will be given at least 7 days to prepare your case.

The High Court Enforcement Officer will visit your home in Salford and usually ask you to pay the debt in full.

If the Salford debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

If you are self-employed, they must attend your business in Salford.

Before the goods are taken, the HCEO lists the entire items to be collected and sold if the debt is not repaid.

The HCEO would only remove or leave some goods, which are the same as other types of enforcement agents in Greater Manchester.

Many of the times, the HCEO in Salford will let you keep the goods and will also offer an instalment plan, if needed.

If you miss one payment, they will be back to take said goods and sell them in Salford.

This is called an agreement on controlled goods.

In some occasions they confiscate take the goods right away in Salford, specifically if they come across a bulky item such as a vehicle which when sold can clear the debt once and for all, or if they anticipate you might hide or sell the controlled goods before paying off the debt and your vehicles can also be clamped to hinder you from driving them.

Are High Court Enforcement Officers Allowed To Break Into The Home In Salford In Greater Manchester?

HCEO's will make an effort to enter your property in Salford to check for items but they cannot enter with force during their first visit.

This ensures you can not push past you, place your foot in the door, or crawl through a window or a skylight to avoid you shutting it in Salford, Brindle Heath, or Charlestown.

HCEOs can only use force to come into your home in Salford if you don't pay them, only if they have been there previously and have listed some goods in a controlled goods agreement.

The rules vary at commercial premises in Salford.

Here, the HCEOs can forcefully break into your business premises in Salford if you don't let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

In Case A Hceo Gets In Touch With Me In Salford In Greater Manchester, What Should I Do?

If you are in a position to fully clear the debt before the HCEO first visits the site in Salford, kindly do so, this will minimize the costs.

You may consider making an offer to pay off the debts in instalments which is feasible if you cannot pay all at once.

Your payment offer should be sent to the creditor directly or in writing to the HCEO in Salford.

Include a copy of your budget.

And even if the HCEO in Salford, Charlestown, or Brindle Heath hasn't replied, you should start paying off your debt at the rate you've offered.

If the HCEO officer had already visited your place in Salford or have taken control of your goods, consider revising your offer if the proposal is rejected by the HCEO.

What Are The Fees Charged By Hceos In Salford, Greater Manchester?

All court enforcement agents in Salford surcharge your debt; yet, HCEOs charge even a higher fee.

The charges are according to the law in Greater Manchester.

For instance, you refuse to pay because you owe £ 1,000, or if the HCEO in Salford controls the products, the total amount of fees added will be £1,285.

£ 75 is added when the letter for 'Notice of Enforcement' is sent in Salford.

£190 +7.5% of the liability balance above £1,000 added during the HCEO's first visit in Salford.

In case you do not have any plan to settle your debt, or you fail to pay as agreed, then £495 will be included.

If the HCEO returns in Salford to take your goods, £525 +7.5% of the debt value will be added for debts over £1,000.

All the other charges including the auction and storage costs are added if the goods will be sold in Salford, Brindle Heath, or Charlestown.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Should I Stop High Court Enforcement Officers In Salford In Greater Manchester?

If you could not manage to pay the debt in instalments you have the option to apply to the court in Salford to halt the HCEO's proceedings with a 'stay of execution'.

However, it is not all the time that the court will grant you the stay of execution in Salford, and it is more difficult to achieve than to stop the County Court enforcement agents that collect the CCJ.