0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Taking A Look At What High Court Enforcement Officers In Southampton In Hampshire Can Do?

The landlord or creditor may use the County Court Judgement (CCJ) against you in Southampton if you are a tenant living in any commercial property in Wales or England, a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) can be used to collect debt you owe.

A common type of enforcement agent is a High Court enforcement officer and the HCEO will visit your Southampton property to ask you if you're going to pay the debt or not and if you didn't make an agreement, they will sell your goods at auction in Hampshire.

HCEOs in Southampton can be employed by creditors if:

You have a CCJ in Southampton and you did not pay the penalty you were told by the court

Your debt is higher than £600

The Consumer Credit Act does not control your liability in Marchwood, Eling, or Hillyfields

That means Southampton HCEOs cannot deal with debts like overdrafts, credit cards, personal loans, or payday loans.

Instead, HCEOs can only interfere in or regulate the non-regulated debts in Hampshire, such as business debts, utility arrears, tribunal awards or old rent arrears.

If an HCEO officer visits you in Southampton, or you receive a letter informing you of their coming, give us a call for more advice immediately.

Our HCEO in Southampton is always swift in action and this can be complicated to handle.

Why A Creditor May Use High Court Enforcement Officers (hceos) In Southampton In Hampshire?

Creditors prefer to use HCEOs in place of County Court enforcement agents in Southampton for many beneficial reasons.

The creditor is allowed to add 8% interest once the debt has been passed to HCEOs in Eling, Marchwood, or Hillyfields.

As HCEOs fees are more costly in Southampton, this may put individuals under more pressure to make the payment

Stopping HCEOs is a very difficult process in Southampton.

High court enforcement officers work for private firms and in Hampshire, they get paid based on the amount of money they collect.

This is why many creditors in Southampton think HCEO's are faster and more efficient when compared with other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Is A Hampshire's Southampton High Court Enforcement Officer's Involvement In This?

Firstly, the creditor in Southampton needs to request for a writ of control which requires the HCEO to go around your residence and obtain the payment or take your goods.

The debtor is informed about their coming to Southampton through a notice of enforcement letter.

They are required to provide you with a minimum of 7 days notice before they visit in Eling, Marchwood, or Hillyfields the first time.

After the HCEO visits your house in Southampton, they will ask you to settle the debt in full.

If the Southampton debtor doesn't come up with this, the next option would be to look for and take possession of goods that can be controlled until the debt is settled.

The HCEO may also call at the debtors' business premises in Southampton if they are self-employed.

Taking control of goods includes the HCEO writing a list of items that they will take out and sell in case you don't make the payment.

The goods which they are allowed to take are the same as other enforcement agents in Hampshire.

The HCEO in Southampton will be allowing you to have possession of the goods while you make the instalment payments.

However, they'll come back and remove the goods to sell them in Southampton if you missed any instalments.

It's commonly known as the controlled goods agreement.

If the HCEO's see a big item like a car that could be sold and the debt settled at once, they will mostly pick it in Southampton straight away, and they may even clamp such vehicle if they believe you may sell or remove it before settling the debt, so your car could also be clamped to prevent you from driving it.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) To Break Into My Home In Hampshire's Southampton?

When they visit you for the first time, they will find ways to enter your house in Southampton to look for goods, but they have no right to break into it.

Therefore, they have no right to climb through a skylight or window, push past you or prevent you from closing the door in Eling, Hillyfields, or Marchwood.

However, if they've earlier been at your residence in Southampton and made a list of items in an agreement of controlled goods, they can force their way in if you fail to pay them.

The rules are distinct at commercial premises in Southampton.

In case you own a company, the HCEO might may use of force to enter your Southampton business premises even if you don't allow their entrance.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Can You Do If A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Contacts You In Southampton In Hampshire?

If you can pay the debt fully before the HCEO initially attends your house in Southampton, you should do this and that will reduce the costs to the least.

In case you are unable to settle the debt at once, you should request for settling it in bits.

Send a copy of your payment plan to the HCEO and creditor in Southampton.

Include with it a copy of your expenditure.

Moreover, even if the High Court Enforcement Officer in Hillyfields, Eling, or Marchwood hasn't replied, you may begin to pay the debt at the rate you have offered.

You can consider increasing the rate of the offer if they refused your offer of payment if the HCEO has taken control of your goods in a visit in Southampton.

What Fees Are Associated With The Hceos In Southampton, Hampshire?

HCEOs have a higher scale of fees as compared to the enforcement agents in Southampton but they all charge fees on top.

These fees are set in law in Hampshire.

Take an example, you have a debt of £1000, have failed to pay back and the enforcement officer in Southampton has confiscated your items and the total costs will be at least an extra £1285.

If you receive a notice of enforcement letter in Southampton, another £75 is added.

An additional £190 +7.5% of the debt would be added on the first visit in Southampton of the HCEOs for debts over £1000.

£495 is added if you set an agreement to pay but break it, or if you don't make an arrangement to pay.

£525 and 7.5% of the value of the debt accrues to your debt value of more than £1,000 if the HCEO revisits Southampton to seize and control your goods.

Additional auction and storage charges are included the moment your property is seized and sold in Marchwood, Hillyfields, or Eling.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can I Halt High Court Enforcement Officers In Hampshire's Southampton?

You can apply to the Southampton court to stop the HCEOs if you can't come to an agreement to pay off the debt in instalments via a 'stay of execution'.

To stop HCEO is more difficult than stopping County Court enforcement agents that are generally used to recover a CCJ and the court would not always agree to issuance of execution stay in Southampton.