0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Is The Duty Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Wiltshire's Swindon?

Unless you live in the UK or Wales and the borrower has a judgement against you in Swindon by the County Court (CCJ), they may in some instances use a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) to collect the debt.

The High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) is an enforcement agent that is responsible for retrieving creditors' money from the residence in Swindon and removing goods to sell at auction in Wiltshire.

HCEOs in Swindon can be employed by creditors if:

You have a CCJ in Swindon and you have not paid the debts the court notified you to in the judgment

You have an over £600 debt

Your balance due in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes is not controlled by Consumer Credit Act

This means HCEOs in Swindon can't enforce debts such as credit cards, overdrafts, personal loans or payday loans.

However, Wiltshire HCEO's are allowed to handle non-controlled debts like business debts, utility balances, old rent balances or tribunal awards.

You may need to contact your us when you receive a letter from the HCEO saying that they would come to your Swindon property.

Our HCEO in Swindon is always swift in action and this can be complicated to handle.

What Reasons Does A Creditor Have To Work With Hceos In Wiltshire's Swindon?

There are many benefits why a creditor would use HCEOs rather than County Court Enforcement officers in Swindon.

The creditor in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes can add an 8% interest on the debt once the HCEO passes the debt.

Many of the people are under pressure to pay the debts due to the fees of the HCEO, which are much higher than anticipated in Swindon.

In Swindon, it is hard to stop the HCEO from working.

Since HCEOs work for private companies, their pay is depends on the total amount of money recovered in Wiltshire.

Moreover, many creditors in Swindon feel HCEOs are quicker and more efficient due to this.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can An Officer Of The High Court Enforcement Agency In Swindon, Wiltshire Be Involved?

The first thing a creditor in Swindon will do is to apply for a warrant of control which notifies a HCEO to go to your premises and receive money or seize your goods.

HCEO's send an enforcement notice informing you about their visit in Swindon.

They will need to serve you with at least 7-days' notice prior to their first call in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes.

You would typically be asked to pay the loan entirely by the HCEO when they access your house in Swindon.

If you are unable to pay your debts in Swindon, then they will look for goods that can be taken into custody until the amount if cleared.

If you are self-employed, they must attend your business in Swindon.

Before the goods are taken, the HCEO lists the entire items to be collected and sold if the debt is not repaid.

The HCEO would only remove or leave some goods, which are the same as other types of enforcement agents in Wiltshire.

In most cases, Swindon enforcement officers will allow you to keep the items so long as you agree to pay the debt in instalments.

In case you fail any instalment, they will be back and seize the items for auctioning in Swindon.

Such a scenario is known as controlled goods agreement.

If in case, the officer from the HCEO visits your place and find a good item like car, in Swindon they can straight away take that into their custody as it would easily pay-off your debt, or in other case, they might also clamp your vehicle in order to stop you driving the aforesaid vehicle until the debt is cleared.

Does A High Court Enforcement Officer Has The Authority To Break Into The Home In Wiltshire's Swindon?

Even though HCEOs cannot force their way in on the first visit, they will attempt to enter your Swindon residence in order to search for goods.

This implies that they cannot push past you, stop you from closing the door or climb in through a window or skylight to enter in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes.

But when you fail to pay the debt after they've been to your Swindon house and listed the controlled goods to confiscate and sell, they have the right to force their way in.

But when it is a Swindon commercial premises owned by you, there are different rules.

Here, the HCEOs can forcefully break into your business premises in Swindon if you don't let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Do I Do When I'm Approached By A High Court Enforcement Officer In Swindon, Wiltshire?

To keep the debt costs minimal before you get a visit in Swindon from the HCEO, if you can afford the debt, you should pay in full.

Otherwise, you can choose to pay the debt in instalments if you can't pay it off at once.

You should send your terms of payment in writing to the HCEO and straight to the creditor in Swindon.

Also, insert a copy of your financial plan.

You ought to begin payments at the agreed rate, even if you have not received communication from the HCEO in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes.

If they don't accept your terms of payment, then increase it, mainly if the HCEO has visited in Swindon and seized your goods.

What Are The Fees Charged By Hceos In Swindon, Wiltshire?

Your debts would be higher if you use any enforcement agent in Swindon, however, HCEOs are more expensive.

These fees are determined by law in Wiltshire.

For example, a debt of £1000 can hike up to £1285 if you leave it unpaid and your goods are seized by HCEO's in Swindon.

When the 'Notice of enforcement' note is sent in Swindon, a £75 is included.

During their first visit in Swindon, £190 plus 7.5% of your total debt value of more £1,000 is included.

If you don't make an effort to set up an arrangement plan or you break the plan, £495 can be added.

If the HCEO returns to seize goods in Swindon, they will add £525 + 7.5% of the value of the debt for debts over £1,000.

The storage and auction costs are added if HCEO remove your goods and sell them in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How To Prevent The High Court Enforcement Officers In Swindon, Wiltshire?

If you cannot reach an arrangement to clear the debt in part payments, you can ask the court in Swindon to stop the HCEOs via a 'stay of execution'.

This is harder than stopping the County Court enforcement officers that would usually be used to gather a CCJ and the court won't constantly make an agreement to stay of execution in Swindon.