0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Are The Functions Of High Court Enforcement Officers In Torbay In Devon?

When a County Court judgment (CCJ) is obtained against a debtor in Torbay who lives in Wales or England, one effective way of colleting the debt is through the High Court enforcement officer (HCEO).

The HCEO is a kind of bailiff or enforcement agent and they'll attend your property in Torbay and remove goods to sell at auction in Devon if you don't make an agreement to pay the debt.

A creditor in Torbay may make use of HCEOs if:

You have a CCJ and failed to make the payments the court in Torbay instructed you to make in the judgment

You owe over £600

The Consumer Credit Act is not in control of debt in Maidencombe, Cockington, or Torquay

HCEO's in Torbay have no control over debts like credit cards, overdrafts, payday or personal loans.

However, HCEO's in Devon can handle unregulated debts like old rent arrears, tribunal awards, business awards or utility arrears.

If you have received a notice of HCEO's visit to your Torbay premises or they have already visited you, don't panic and call us for advice.

Our HCEOs in Torbay can act quickly, and this may be hard for you to deal with it all.

Why Does A Creditor Use Enforcement Officers Of The High Court In Torbay, Devon?

As compared to enforcement representatives from a County Court, using HCEOs in Torbay is more advantageous to creditors.

The creditor in Maidencombe, Cockington, or Torquay may pay an additional 8% interest the moment the debt is transferred to HCEOs.

HCEO fees can put people under more pressure to pay the debt because they are much higher in Torbay.

It can be really difficult in Torbay to stop an HCEO.

HCEOs are hired by a private company and receive payment based on the amount they recover in Devon.

This is why creditors in Torbay believe HCEO's are more efficient and effective over other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does A Court Enforcement Officer In Torbay, Devon Come In?

Firstly, the creditor in Torbay needs to request for a writ of control which requires the HCEO to go around your residence and obtain the payment or take your goods.

The HCEO will issue you a notice of enforcement in Torbay and will also indicate when they will call you.

This is a seven day warning sent before their first visit to Cockington, Maidencombe, or Torquay.

Normally, when the HCEO goes around your property in Torbay, they require you to pay the debt in full.

If you can't pay your debt in Torbay, they will seize some of your belongings until the debt is paid.

It is also a must they come to your business in Torbay if you are self-employed.

While taking control of the goods in your home, the HCEO will also create a list of the things they can sell to recover the debt amount if you failed to pay the debt.

They have the same restrictions as other enforcement agents in Devon on the goods they can or cannot touch.

HCEOs in Torbay can allow you to pay in instalments and keep your goods.

If you don't pay your instalments, they'll return and carry the goods to market them in Torbay.

This is termed a goods agreement that is controlled.

The large items like cars are the major target of HCEOs, so if they found any of such items in your home, they will immediately take control of it in Torbay and they will sell it to pay off the debt and it usually happens when they doubt that you might sell the controlled goods before paying off the debt and they can also stop you from driving the vehicle by clamping it.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer To Break Into My House In Devon's Torbay?

HCEOs will attempt to gain entry into your home to search for goods, it is illegal for them to forcefully enter your property in Torbay on the first visit.

This means they can't prevent you from closing the door and they can't even push past you and they aren't allowed to climb through a window or skylight in Torquay, Maidencombe, or Cockington.

But remember, in case you don't pay the debt, HCEOs can use force to come in, if they had already visited your Torbay property before and listed your goods in the controlled goods agreement.

The rules differ in Torbay when it comes to commercial premises.

If you are self employed in Torbay, the HCEO has the right to forcefully enter your property if you try to stop them.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Do I Act If I Am Contacted By A High Court Enforcement Officer In Devon's Torbay?

You should be willing to pay the full amount of the debt before the HCEO meets the property in Torbay again and this will reduce the expense.

If you are not able to pay the debt in full all at once, try to make a deal where you can pay it in instalments.

You should send your preferred payment offer to the HCEO in writing and to the creditor directly in Torbay.

Include a copy of your budget.

You should begin to make payments at the rate you've proposed, even if the HCEO in Maidencombe, Torquay, or Cockington hasn't responded.

If the HCEO officer had already visited your place in Torbay or have taken control of your goods, consider revising your offer if the proposal is rejected by the HCEO.

What Are The Charges Of The High Court Enforcement Officer In Torbay In Devon?

Fees are added to the debts by all the enforcement agents in Torbay, however, that of the HCEO is normally higher.

These fees are regulated as per the Devon laws.

For instance, If you owe a debt of £1,000 and you refuse to pay it off, the Torbay HCEO removes your goods for auction, at least £1,285 will be added to your debt as total fees.

The notice of enforcement letter being sent in Torbay will come with a £75 fee.

An additional sum of £190 +7.5% of the debt would be added on the first visit of the HCEOs in Torbay.

£495 included if you fail to arrange to pay, or if you made a plan to pay but default.

In the event that the HCEO returns to seize your property in Torbay, £525 plus 7.5% of the total value above £1,000 will be included.

Additional handling and sale charges are added if items are taken and sold in Maidencombe, Torquay, or Cockington.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Is There Any Way To Stop The High Court Enforcement Officers In Torbay, Devon?

You can appeal to the Torbay court to avoid HCEOs if you can not negotiate an agreement to pay the debt in instalments with a 'stay of execution'.

This is more difficult than preventing the County Court enforcement agents that would be used to collect a CCJ, and the court won't agree to the stay of execution in Torbay.