0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Can High Court Enforcement Force Entry In Wandsworth

(HCEOs) High Court Enforcement Officers from Wandsworth, have more powers than other court officers.

This implies that, they may implement either of the below in the areas of Putney, Battersea, or Balham:

High Court Ruling in Wales and England, this involves the general High Court Injunction and Writs of:

Possession, Restitution, Possession and Control, Delivery and of Assistance

A Judgment of the County Court (CCJ) of £ 600 or above that has been forwarded for enforcement to the High Court.

But under the condition that the initial claim under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was not regulated.

The mentioned condition is not applicable for judgment debts equal to 25,000 pounds and above.

A Tribunal of Employment or ACAS Award.

A High Court Possession Order or County Court Possession order moved to the High Court for Enforcement.

Powers provided to a High Court Enforcement Officer from Wandsworth by the Writ of Control.

The (HCEO) Enforcement officer from Wandsworth of the High court can enforce the claim under the Writ of Control from the High Court.

It is up to the HCEO's company to contact you (the debtor) or allow the HCEO to visit the debtor to make an agreement on the payment plan or secure payment for the debts.

The procedure gave power to the Enforcement Agent to take control of their goods.

The debtor's goods/belongings can be removed and sold by auction if the debtor doesn't come up with an agreed payment plan or doesn't make payment for the debts.

That notwithstanding, the removal of goods for sale at auction is rare.

The goods that can be removed and sold can include stock, vehicles, jewellery, equipment, and other goods that amount to the value of the judgment debt plus interest (calculated at 8% per annum), and court fees.

Executive Recoveries and Enforcement In Wandsworth, Greater London Tells Us About The Rights Of Entry And Control/removal Of Goods By The Hceos

The writ of control from the High Court allows the Enforcement Officer of the High Court and their designated Enforcement Agent to access land and enter buildings without invitation.

This is to collect the debt as full payment or agree to the payment plan and if it fails, the enforcement officer has the right to seize valuable goods.

These will be sent to auction to be sold for the value owed.

Worthy of mention is that the goods and assets sold by auction are usually below the market prices.

The Enforcement Agent will consequently take control of goods bearing that in mind.

This is why debtors have to completely clear the debt or make a settlement plan.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Residential Acceptance - Civilized

It is illegal for an Enforcement agent from Wandsworth to forcefully enter a residential property.

They need to gain peaceful admittance in the first instance.

Once he gains entrance, the Enforcement Agent can come back and force entry later if needed, e.g., the defendant has not followed the agreement terms from a former visit.

A mixed commercial and residential property is also appropriate.

Business Premises - Entry By Force

A company in Wandsworth will always provide the commercial tenant reasonable time and chance so as to allow peaceful entry by the Enforcement Agent.

In case the business property doesn't include a residential attachment, the HCEO or Agent from Wandsworth may apply force if need arises.

The debtor is normally informed about this beforehand.

The enforcement company of High Court will secure the place again to the previous standards if forced entry takes place.

What type of goods can High Court Enforcement Officers take?

In accordance with the regulation of the Tribunal Courts Enforcement, High Court Enforcement Officers in Greater London are only permitted to remove assets that are owned by the debtor.

The following items cannot be taken by Enforcement Officers in Wandsworth.

Essential household items that are important to the debtor and their family such as furniture, bedding, clothing, and other household goods.

Any goods that form 'tools of the trade' which are for the own use of the defendant in their trade or vocation that has a limit of up to £1,350), e.g., Tools, books, vehicles and additional items of equipment.

They cannot seize the Third Party goods as well.

Leased items, items on hire purchase, or items on rental agreements. Some of the items are vehicles.

Items that have already been taken away from the debtor by an Enforcement Agent, High Court Enforcement Officer in Greater London, or a Bailiff from the County Court.