0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Do You Know What The High Court Enforcement Officers In Watford, Hertfordshire Can Do?

If you are resident of England or Wales and your creditor has a CCJ against you in Watford, then they can use a HCEO to recover the debt if they are want to.

High Court Enforcement Officer is a kind of bailiff or enforcement agent and they will visit your Watford premises and if you don't agree on the certain conditions with them to pay the debt, they are authorised to take away your goods and sell them at auction in Hertfordshire.

Creditors are allowed to use HCEOs in Watford if:

You haven't settled your debts as ordered by the court during the judgement and yet you in Watford have a CCJ

When you owe up to £600

According to the Consumer Credit Act, your debt is not regulated in Borehamwood, Rickmansworth, or Chorleywood

HCEOs in Watford are not able to enforce debts including credit cards, overdrafts, payday loans or personal loans.

HCEOs in Hertfordshire can also work on unregulated debts the likes of unsettled bills, tribunal awards, business debts or aged rent arrears.

You may need to contact us for help when you receive a letter from the HCEO saying that they would come to your Watford property.

It can be hard to deal with the HCEO in Watford as ours act in an efficient manner.

What Reasons Does A Creditor Have To Work With Hceos In Hertfordshire's Watford?

A lender that uses HCEOs instead of County Court enforcement agents has several advantages in Watford.

The moment the liability is transferred to the HCEOs, an 8% interest is added by the creditor in Borehamwood, Rickmansworth, or Chorleywood.

It is more expensive to use HCEOs in Watford, so people are under more pressure to clear their debt.

In Watford, it is hard to stop the HCEO from working.

HCEOs are contracted by private companies and are paid as per the amount they collect in Hertfordshire.

This is why creditors in Watford believe HCEO's are more efficient and effective over other companies.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Is A High Court Enforcement Officer Involved In Watford, Hertfordshire?

The Watford creditor would take the first step of applying for a writ of control, which paves the way for the HCEO to visit the property and demand for payment or take the debtors' goods instead.

The HCEO would send you a letter stating that you would soon be visited in Watford by them.

The notice would be issued by HCEOs 7 days prior to the visit in Chorleywood, Borehamwood, or Rickmansworth.

Normally, the HCEOs ask you to pay the debt in full when they come to visit your home in Watford.

If you can't afford this, they'll look for goods which can be taken into control until the debt is paid in Watford.

The HCEO may also call at the debtors' business premises in Watford if they are self-employed.

Taking control of goods includes the HCEO writing a list of items that they will take out and sell in case you don't make the payment.

The goods which they are allowed to take are the same as other enforcement agents in Hertfordshire.

Usually, the HCEOs in Watford ask the borrower to pay the debt off in instalments, as to keep the goods.

If you don't pay your instalments, they'll return and carry the goods to market them in Watford.

This is referred to as a Controlled Goods Agreement.

At times, HCEO's may seize the items right away in Watford, particularly if there is a bulky asset like a vehicle which may be auctioned to instantly settle the debt, or in case they believe you are likely to hide or dispose off the controller property before paying your debt, and they may as well secure your car to prevent you from driving it.

Is It Possible For A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) To Break Into My Home In Watford In Hertfordshire?

HCEOs will attempt to enter into your property in Watford to seek goods, but they can't enter by force on the first visit.

Therefore, they have no right to climb through a skylight or window, push past you or prevent you from closing the door in Rickmansworth, Chorleywood, or Borehamwood.

However, they can use force to enter your home in Watford if they're coming for a second visit after getting the control goods agreement from you and listing items.

But when it is a Watford commercial premises owned by you, there are different rules.

They have the right to break into your business premises or office in Watford if you don't let them in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Can You Do If A High Court Enforcement Officer (hceo) Contacts You In Hertfordshire's Watford?

It is advised that you pay off your debts before the HCEO comes knocking on your door in Watford and that is of course, if you can afford to do so.

If you are not able to pay the debt in full all at once, try to make a deal where you can pay it in instalments.

Write your offer of payment and send it directly to the creditor or the HCEO in Watford.

Add a copy of your budget.

Start following the plan and making payments even if you don't hear from the HCEO in Chorleywood, Borehamwood, or Rickmansworth.

If they don't accept your terms of payment, then increase it, mainly if the HCEO has visited in Watford and seized your goods.

What Are The Fees Charged By The High Court Enforcement Officers (hceos) In Hertfordshire's Watford?

Although all enforcement agents in Watford add more fees to your debts, the HCEOs have a higher scale of fees.

The fees are legally applicable in Hertfordshire.

Suppose, the total debt is £1,000 and you are refusing to pay, the HCEO in Watford take control of your goods and will add-on their service charges thus making the debt to £1,285.

£75 is added to your fees anytime the "Notice of Enforcement" is sent in Watford.

When HCEO's visited for the first time in Watford, £190 + 7.5% of the debt value is added for debts over £1000 in Watford.

If you don't make an effort to set up an arrangement plan or you break the plan, £495 can be added.

£ 525 + 7.5% of the loans above £1 000 will be added when the HCEO arrives again in Watford to drive the items away.

All the other charges including the auction and storage costs are added if the goods will be sold in Borehamwood, Rickmansworth, or Chorleywood.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Can High Court Enforcement Officers (hceos) In Hertfordshire's Watford Be Stopped?

If you cannot plan to settle your debt in bits, you may choose to file an application in court in Watford to HCEOs which is an "Execution Stay".

The County Court Enforcement Agents, who would usually obtain the CCJ, would be more difficult to stop and the Court will not always agree to the stay of execution in Watford.