0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

Can High Court Enforcement Force Entry In Wigan

(HCEOs) Enforcement Officers from the High Court in Wigan have extra powers as compared to other court officials.

This implies that, they may implement either of the below in the areas of Wigan, Skelmersdale, or Ashton-in-Makerfield:

In England and Wales, High Court Writ is the most commonly applied writ for a High Court Judgement, it also includes the writs of:

Possession, Restitution, Possession and Control, Delivery and of Assistance

A CCJ that was transferred to the high court for enforcement and it is worth the value of £600 and above.

On the assumption that the 1974 Consumer Act does not regulate the original claim.

However, this restriction is not applicable if the judgment debt is more than or £25,000.

ACAS Award or Employment Tribunal .

A High Court Order for Possession or County Court Possession order assigned to the High Court for Execution.

The Authority, an Order of Control in Greater Manchester, gives to a High Court Enforcement Officer.

The Writ of Control from the High Court allows the mentioned (HCEO) High Court Enforcement Officer in Greater Manchester to enforce the debt

Their business will get in touch and, if necessary, an Enforcement Agent will go around the debtor to ensure payment or agree a payment scheme.

The procedure also empowers the HCEO to take control of the debtor's assets.

The debtor's goods/belongings can be removed and sold by auction if the debtor doesn't come up with an agreed payment plan or doesn't make payment for the debts.

Removal of personal possessions for sale at auction is an occasional event.

The assets they take into control may include stock, jewellery, equipment, vehicles, and other goods to the value of the judgment debt, They will also cover the enforcement costs, the court fees, and interest rates with these assets.

Executive Recoveries and Enforcement In Greater Manchester, Wigan Discuss Entry Rights, Seizure And Removal Of Assets

Even if they are not permitted entry, High Court Enforcement Officers and their enforcement agents are authorized to enter a property using the High Court writ of control.

That is for the purposes of obtaining full payment for debts or seizing (taking control) of assets of debtors until they make full payment of the debts.

They can be auctioned to meet the value of the value owed.

They can be taken and sold at prices lower than the market value.

Therefore the Enforcement Agent will have to keep this in mind while taking control of goods.

Hence, it is better if the debtor pays the full amount instead or at least agree to some payment plan.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

Residential - Peaceful Admittance

It is illegal for an Enforcement agent from Wigan to forcefully enter a residential property.

They are supposed to get peaceful admittance before.

The Enforcement Agent may return later and forcefully enter the property if necessary, for instance, if the debtor has violated the terms of agreement from the first visit.

* It is also applicable to the combined business and residential premises.

Business Premises - Forced Entry

A company in Wigan will always provide the commercial tenant reasonable time and chance so as to allow peaceful entry by the Enforcement Agent.

Where there is no living room, the High Court Enforcement Officer or Agency for Enforcement from Wigan may force entry when necessary in the commercial premises.

If required, the debtor is normally informed beforehand of this practice.

If the force entry happens the high court enforcement company will be liable to re-secure the place to the similar condition as it was before.

You must know about the goods that HCEO can take.

According to the Tribunals Courts Enforcement regulation, High Court Enforcement Officers in Greater Manchester are only allowed to take goods that belong to the defendant.

Enforcement Officers in Wigan cannot take away the certain goods.

Which are important to the defendant and his family's specific domestic needs, for example clothes, bedding, furniture and other appliances.

Any items that fall under 'tools of the trade' which are meant for personal use of the debtor in their business or profession and their value is of £1,350 in maximum, such items are tools, books, vehicles and other equipment.

Goods that belong to some other person other than the defendant/debtor, Such goods are called "The Third Party".

Items held by the defendant on hire purchase agreements or ones that are held under rental or leased agreements, for instance vehicles.

Items which have been seized previously by other County Court Bailiff, Enforcement Agent, or High Court Enforcement Officer.