0800 999 1028

   Click on the Button to Contact Us   Contact Form

What Is The Work Of The High Court Enforcement Officers In Worcestershire In Worcestershire?

If you stay in England or Wales and your creditor obtains a County Court judgment (CCJ) against you in Worcestershire, in some cases, a High Court enforcement officer (HCEO) will be sent to collect the debt.

The HCEO is an enforcement agent or bailiff of a kind and they will visit your property in Worcestershire and they will be able to remove goods for sale at auction in Worcestershire if you do not make an agreement to pay the debt.

The HCEOs in Worcestershire can be used by the creditor if:

You have got a county court judgement and have failed to make payments as ordered by the court in the judgement in Worcestershire

You have more than £600 in debt

Your balance due in Redditch, Great Malvern, or Kidderminster is not controlled by Consumer Credit Act

It means that Worcestershire HCEOs do not have the jurisdiction to enforce debts such as personal loans, payday loans, overdrafts or credit cards.

However, Worcestershire HCEO's can handle unregulated debt like public arrears, commercial debts, court awards or old rental arrears.

If a HCEO has visited you in Worcestershire or contacted you via a letter to explain they will attend, ask us for advice quickly.

It may be hard to handle this by yourself, as our Worcestershire HCEO will normally act quickly.

Why A Creditor May Need High Court Enforcement Officers In Worcestershire's Worcestershire?

Instead of using County Court enforcement agents, there are numerous benefits for creditors who use HCEOs in Worcestershire.

The creditor in Redditch, Great Malvern, or Kidderminster can add an 8% interest on the debt once the HCEO passes the debt.

Fees charged by HCEOs are higher in Worcestershire and this puts debtors under more pressure to make payments.

It can be really difficult in Worcestershire to stop an HCEO.

HCEOs are hired and paid by a private company depending on the amount they collected in Worcestershire.

Many creditors in Worcestershire think that HCEOs are more effective and faster in recovering the debt.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

How Does A Hceo Get Involved In Worcestershire In Worcestershire?

Firstly, the Worcestershire creditor should request for a control writ, asking the Court enforcement officer to come to your asset and ask for the payment or seize your belongings.

You should be offered an enforcement notice from the HCEO's informing you about their visit in Worcestershire.

This must come to you at least one week before their coming in Kidderminster, Great Malvern, or Redditch.

Normally, when the HCEO goes around your property in Worcestershire, they require you to pay the debt in full.

In case you are unable to pay the debt in Worcestershire, they will seize some goods until you pay the debt in full.

In case you are self employed they may visit your commercial premises in Worcestershire.

The goods that are taken would be listed and later sold off if the debtor doesn't pay up.

The goods which they are allowed to take are the same as other enforcement agents in Worcestershire.

Debtors may be allowed by the Worcestershire HCEO to keep the goods and pay their debts in instalments.

If any instalment is not paid, they will come back and take away the goods and sell them in Worcestershire to recover the rest of the debt.

Such a scenario is known as controlled goods agreement.

In some cases, HCEO's may remove goods right away in Worcestershire, especially in case they find a big product like a car, which may be sold to pay the debt straight away or in case they believe you may take out or sell the controlled goods before you have paid off the debt, also, they may clamp your car in order to stop you driving it.

Are High Court Enforcement Officers Allowed To Break Into The Home In Worcestershire In Worcestershire?

HCEOs can't force their way in on the first visit, but they will try to enter your home in Worcestershire to look for goods.

That means they are not allowed to push you off the way, put a foot in the door to prevent you from closing it, or scale through a window or skylight in Redditch, Kidderminster, or Great Malvern.

However, they can use force to enter your home in Worcestershire if they're coming for a second visit after getting the control goods agreement from you and listing items.

Commercial premises in Worcestershire have different rules.

If you run your own business, the HCEO can use force to break into the Worcestershire premises if you don't allow them to come in.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Measure Do I Take If Hear From A High Court Enforcement Officer In Worcestershire's Worcestershire?

You should pay if you are able to afford the complete debt before the HCEO first visits the property in Worcestershire and this will keep the costs to a minimum.

If it would be difficult for you to settle the debt at once, you can make an arrangement to clear it in instalments.

You can send to the High Court Enforcement Officer in Worcestershire and straight to the creditor an offer of the payment.

Also, insert a copy of your financial plan.

In addition, start paying as per the payment plan that you offered, even if the HCEO in Great Malvern, Redditch, or Kidderminster didn't reply.

In case they turn down your payment request, you will need to think of increasing it, particularly if the court enforcement agent has come to Worcestershire and seized your items.

How Much Does A High Court Enforcement Officer Charge In Worcestershire In Worcestershire?

HCEOs have a higher scale of fees as compared to the enforcement agents in Worcestershire but they all charge fees on top.

The charges are lawfully set in Worcestershire.

For instance, in case you have a £1,000 debt and you refuse to pay, the Worcestershire HCEO can take your possessions and the total fees included will be at least another £1,285.

When the 'Notice of enforcement' note is sent in Worcestershire, a £75 is included.

The cost increases after a HCEO visit in Worcestershire, by £190 plus 7.5% of the debt value over £1000.

If you refuse to make a payment arrangement on how to clear the debt, or break an arrangement, a fee of £495 is added.

If the enforcement officer returns in Worcestershire to take your goods, you will be charged £525 + 7.5% of the debt value over £1,000.

Additional auction and storage costs are incurred on your goods when they are removed and sold in Kidderminster, Redditch, or Great Malvern.

Do You Need Help ? Call Us 0800 999 1028

What Are The Ways To Stop Enforcement Officers Of The High Court In Worcestershire's Worcestershire?

You can apply to the Worcestershire court to stop the HCEOs if you can't come to an agreement to pay off the debt in instalments via a 'stay of execution'.

The County Court Enforcement Agents, who would usually obtain the CCJ, would be more difficult to stop and the Court will not always agree to the stay of execution in Worcestershire.